IN THE SPIRIT OF JOHN CUSACK & HEATH LEDGER

Maybe she should ask Jisoo, (maybe) Jennie was waiting for confirmation that Lisa indeed returned the same affections Jennie had for her, (maybe) it was not Roseanne's business at all, so (maybe) she should mind her own business and not meddle with this — that being the tale of Jennie and Lisa's slow burn love.

Yet she still found herself asking the million dollar question to Lisa as they walked their way home after their shifts at their respective part-time jobs.

"So, Lis, tell me honestly..." As Rosie said this Lisa immediately turned her head towards her, "Do you still have feelings for Jennie?" It was really straightforward of Rosie.

Lisa was really taken by surprise, that was all of a sudden, indeed there were times Jisoo had teased her about it, but other than that no one had really dared talk about her feelings and Jennie in the same sentence, at least not around Lisa's presence.

"I don't know, Ro?!" Lisa's eyebrows shoot up and without really meaning to, she continued off rather aggressively, "You, don't you have feelings for Jisoo?!" She then darted her eyes towards Jisoo's and Rosie's interlaced hands.

It jolted Rosie that she had to take her hand away from Jisoo, meanwhile Jisoo just shoot her brows up and laughed coolly.

Rosie relented and then softly hit Lisa's shoulder with a slap (which was more like a tap than anything else) "I'm asking the questions here!"

Jisoo continued to laugh at the taller girls' exchange, but shit, deep down she felt like fainting.

"What—" Lisa released a huff and clenched her jaw, "Okay, can you repeat it?"

"Do you still have feelings for your Nini?" The intonation in Rosie's voice had screamed playful and teasing, it was rather vexing for Lisa.

The Thai raised her hand to push Rosie off, but before she could, Jisoo narrowed her eyes at Lisa to give her a warning shot.

Lisa dragged out the longest "Fine" as her head was tilted to the sky. She gathered her words and it seemed to Rosie and Jisoo that she was preparing a whole monologue about how in love she was with Jennie.

While Lisa was preoccupied, Jisoo took this as an opportunity to slither her hand towards Rosie's, of course Rosie welcomed it. Besides, she didn't really want to let go of it to begin with.

"I'm pretty sure it's obvious," Lisa began, "I still do and..." She looked down at her feet and bit her lip, "I don't think I'd get over it until I'll keep my distance from her,"

Jisoo nodded in comprehension.

Rosie felt dread in her stomach while she saw the two best friends sharing the same sentiment, "Well," Rosie shook her head, again it wasn't her business but she found herself meddling, "Don't—" At least it was in a cryptic way.

"Huh?" Lisa looked rather confused.

Rosie smiled and squeezed Jisoo's hand, "Yeah, Ro, what do you mean?" A sly smile were tugging at Jisoo's lips as she asked this.

"What chu mean, hoe?" Lisa pressed on.

"Nothing, nothing—" Rosie shook her head and waved it off.

"Damn Chu, maybe you should stop holding Rosie's hand so her brain will stop haywiring."

"Oh bugger off, Lis." Rosie pushed Lisa.

"Oi, be thankful Chu keeps me from pushing you back, Chipmunk!"

"The both of you should be kept on a leash, honestly." Jisoo sighed and looked at the horizon, seemingly done with the never ending banter her friends have.