THE TALK IN THE WALK

She didn't reply.

Jisoo wasn't likely to.

No hard feelings whatsoever — or at least, Rosie tried not to have those.

But... Jisoo suddenly won't look at her, won't spare her a glance, and they don't talk– not anymore.

Rosie let it pass, she supposed that Jisoo was embarrassed about the whole situation, and of course Rosie was understanding as ever.

Rosie was patient, she was kind, she let Jisoo take her time, but as Jisoo took her time the farther they have gone away from each other.

She tried to recall if she had done something to Jisoo other than catching her making out with Audrey, but nothing had come to her mind.

She told herself that she was going to talk to Jisoo about it, but she never really got the courage to, she was afraid that maybe Jisoo would lash on her.

Although that was very unlikely to happen, fear still had gotten the best of her.

The only time Rosie and Jisoo interacted was when the four of them all hang out otherwise they don't talk.

It wasn't the same anymore.

Lisa and Jennie were not blind, and even if they were, they would still sense that something was rather off-kilter with Jisoo and Rosie's dynamic.

They decided not to meddle, not yet anyway.

Then this continued until the first term in ninth grade, the awkward tension that Jisoo and Rosie brought was suffocating.

It was rather stupid, Lisa thought.

It was rather uncomfortable, Jennie thought.

"What even happened to the two of them?"

They had no idea.

・゜・。.

Lisa recalled how Jisoo had such pure distaste with how she chose to drift away from them, and the pattern that Jisoo had left was almost the same as hers when she felt like her feelings for Jennie was too much too consuming.

Although Jisoo had never been up front about it, Lisa knew that her best friend had a little admiration for Rosie.

And with the way things had seemed disproportionate, Lisa can't be mistaken about her suspicions.

It's been a month or so already, she had to talk to Jisoo.

So by dismisal before Jisoo could slip past away from them, Lisa grabbed her by her elbow, "Soo," She smiled, "Let me walk you to your work."

"Sure," Jisoo smiled and so they walked.

When they were a good distance away from the school, away from Jennie and Rosie, Lisa finally opened it up.

"I know we all just silently decided that we're not going to talk about it, but not knowing what's actually going on is killing me, so really Ji, tell me what's with you and Roro?"

Jisoo was not the type to be denying things, she's quite truthful, she just won't talk when she wasn't asked, so there she was about to give Lisa the answers that she seeked, "She saw me,"

"Huh?"

"She saw me making out with Audrey—"

Lisa couldn't help but interject again, "With Audrey?" Lis furrowed her brows, "You and Audrey?"

It was rather difficult to wrap her mind around. Lisa really thought it was Rosie whom Jisoo liked.

"No, I just— I was propositioned and I, I didn't deny and let it happen, and I don't know how to act around Rosie when she had seen that happen. I'm not even out, I'm not even sure if I'm really—" Jisoo gesticulated with her hands since it was difficult for her to articulate herself. "How did you even know?"

"Honestly, Chu, I don't think you're straight." Lisa stated firmly. "But, like, that's not for me to decide for you, you gotta find that on your own." She rolled her shoulders into a shrug, "What I don't understand is why you and Roseanne seemed like you're drifting away from each other?"

Jisoo kicked her shoe against the ground and chewed on the inside of her cheek, "Well," She paused, tilted her head up and released a long labored sigh, "I'm scared that she'll act weirdly around me since she's seen me making out with a girl."

Lisa made a face because she didn't understand the logic of it at all, "Jeez, just—" Lisa pressed her lips against each other and shook her head, "You literally got mad at me for avoiding and ignoring you guys, and now you're being a hypocrite."

"Okay, I am going to talk to her about what she's seen and patch it up again," Jisoo promised, she sounded like she's promising to herself more than to Lisa.

"Make sure that you do, mate," Lisa patted Jisoo's back and they looked into each other's eyes. "I really can't stand how awkward the two of you are," Lisa breathed out, "'Cause one of you is awkward the rest just becomes this mess of awkwardness that I rather be eaten by a bloody dingo than being around you girls."

Jisoo rolled her eyes and laughed, "Alright, alright just stop being dramatic."

Thus, during her work hours, Jisoo deviced a plan on how to approach Rosie and clarify everything.

Meanwhile Lisa could not shake off the feeling that something ran deeper in the whole predicament itself.