LOVE, JISOO

February 11, 2019

Dear Rosie,

Alexa play Sunflower by Rex Orange County

I don't know how to start this, baby, why do I even call myself a poet if I don't even know how to properly write this?

Three years.

But it's honestly more than that.

More than this, more than universes combined, I have loved you in different life times, I'm sure.

You are my first love and I'm going to make damn sure that you are my last.

I know you always say that you can't thank me enough, but there is honestly no need for you to thank me.

I do the things I do not because I have to, but because I love you.

I love you.

You are everything, and everything in between.

For fuck's sake, my love, you don't even know how my heart beats so much at the mere thought of you.

Three — the years we spent officially together. Three — the amount of words my favorite meaningful phrase have. Three — you have went through three different hair colors, the third you are blonde. Three — were the times I made you cry and I am sorry for that. Three — are the languages you speak: English. Korean. Alien.

Three — the times I broke my own heart because I was such a coward little dyke.

Three — there are twenty poems about you, but you have three favorites.

Three — the children I want to have with you.

Three — more bloody centuries for us.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

A litany you speak when I wrap you in my love.

Happy Anniversary, I have more surprises for you.

I love you more and more terribly each day.

Love,
Jisoo.

Love,Jisoo

P.S. you'll never have a more beautiful girlfriend than I am.