DONKEY & DRAGON

trigger warning: please proceed with caution, this chapter is heavy.

Dirty.

Used.

Helpless.

Hopeless.

That was a long list of what Rosie was currently feeling.

She probably should not be feeling this.

Do other fourteen year old even feel this, or was it all her alone?

Lisa knows about it but it still feels like Rosie was alone in this fight.

She was certain she wasn't even breathing at that point, she wanted to get out, out of her skin, out of her body; she wanted to be renewed again.

Rosie knew that this hot shower she was taking wouldn't be enough.

All she could feel was his hands, his hand around her neck, his hand on her wrists. All she could feel was his weight, pushed against her, forced into her. All she could feel was his venom in her veins, poisoning her, and so she withered.

A sob that wanted to get out of her was stuck in her throat. She pressed her hand against the wall, her palms feeling the surface of the tiled wall.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

She had to remind herself that she was home and it was over, it had been over with Ben for weeks now. She was free.

She was free... right?

Then why did it feel like she was still held down against her own will?

Roseanne wanted to scream. She felt trapped inside her own body.

She wanted to feel something else, something else other than this disgust that clung to her spine.

Tears began to stream down her face, along with the water from the shower, she sniffled.

Something — she had no idea what it was, what the word for it was — bubbled deep within her gut, her chest, her whole body.

Her fist met the wall.

It was so weak.

Again, she punched the wall.

There she finally felt pain. Physical pain. It was better than this inexplicable feeling that was overwhelming her.

She repeatedly punched the wall. She counted every hit, one... two... three... four... five... six... seven, eight— then she lost count.

It was so numb, it was bruising, the skin even tore.

That was enough for now.

・゜・。.

Her eyes were closed. She was on the bed now, her hand was already nursed and she was cradling it against her chest.

She was slowly slipping into slumber, slowly... slowly, that peace — fleeting it may be — had settled itself with Rosie.

Her eyes suddenly opened upon feeling her phone vibrate. She reached for it and she saw the caller ID.

"Huh,"

It was Jisoo.

Rosie answered it and pressed it against her ear. "Hey."

In the other end Jisoo took in a breath, "Hey ho," Her voice was so tender and warm.

A smile had already made its way to Rosie's face just hearing Jisoo.