Chapter 6

Lucas's POV

Never in my life had I been so frantic.

The moment I got the mind-link from my Beta, my wolf had gone crazy. I ran towards the arena in search of my mate but she was not there. I tried to track her scent but it was very vague amidst the chaos.

Where is she Beta my wolf demanded in our Alpha voice.

There was a shot from the pavilion. You should check on her side Alpha replied my Beta.

I howled in agony.

Moon Goddess, please keep my baby safe.

I dashed to the right side into the underground pavilion. Her scent was now all over the place making us go crazy. Following her scent I reached a door that was closed from the inside.

Nothing happens to our mate howled Leon.

With all the strength I could accumulate, my wolf form broke the door down.

The first sight I saw was the dead hunter on the ground.

I'm sure our mate did this said Leon proudly.

Oh she must have, she is our mate after all.

And then I saw the red pup too close to my mate.

G R O W L

The pup jumped back.

Nice job pup, that is where you belong smirked Leon.

I started walking towards my mate in long strides. Our eyes had not left each other and she was well aware of what was happening.

I transformed to my human self and smirked as my mate was checking my full glory. I stared at her in awe.

My mate. All mine.

"MINE."

===

It took another ten minutes to see through the chaos. Close to twenty hunters were killed and one or two of them had even fled the scene.

Alpha Nathan of the Midnight pack and Beta Linda of the Lesesne Forest pack were injured. A few the wolves had cuts. It looked like couple of the hunters had small silver knives.

All the healers were called from their respective competitions and trackers were made responsible to secure the camp. The competitions were ceased until further notice. A call was also made to The Bench and representatives were due in the afternoon.

Having found my mate in the locker room, I stayed by her wolf, running my hand through her golden fur. There was another male in the room and I did not want her to be alone with him - call it my possessiveness. Plus, if anyone was to come in here, I could protect my mate.
Although I doubt whether she needed protection.

Just touching her soft fur sent tingles down my spine and I am cent percent sure that she felt the sparks too.

I wanted her to shift to see her beautiful face but did not want her to be naked in front of the other male in this room. He was scooted to the dark corner of the room which made me realize he must feel like a third wheel, however I could care less.

My mate was next me and that was all I wanted for now.

Alpha, is the Luna ok? Brandon asked through the mind-link.

Yes she is fine. Do they have spare clothes?

Yes, they are distributing some shorts to everybody, shall I bring some?

"Hey baby, do you have your clothes somewhere here? Or do you want my Beta to get you something to wear?" I asked my mate.

My mate's wolf form pointed to the locker indicating that she had clothes.

Get two pairs of shorts to my mate's locker room.

Aye aye Alpha.

In a few minutes, Brandon was at the dismantled door with two shorts. He was wearing one himself.

My Beta handed over the shorts and I threw one to Gerald. A few minutes later both of us were in our human forms and dressed in minimal clothing.

"Sweetheart, we will leave the room now and you can get dressed okay?"

She nodded at me and went to the corner  that was occupied by Gerald.

Three of us walked out to the room.

"Who killed the dirtbag?" I asked Gerald.

"Athena did it Alpha" he stated with a slight bow.

"Damn, I can't wait to get acquainted with my Luna" whistled Brandon.

Me too Brandon, me too.

===