Chapter 45

Athena's POV

I was not expecting Lucas to be shocked when I permitted him to mark me. Wasn't that the point of any werewolf relationship? You basically marked and mated. It was hilarious to see his face while he comprehended it.

"What?" he said in a surprised whisper.

"I said okay," I said plastering a mischievous smile, "but you are okay too, right?"

I could Acacia swarming in me with joy, she was weak and the pills were healing her, but she could not have a conversation yet.

"You are okay with me marking you?"

What a doofus of a mate we have I said to Acacaia.

"Of course you doofus! I am!" I laughed.

His eyes suddenly turned cloudy as if he was trying to suppress his dominant wolf from showing up. But, it settled after a few seconds.

"So...it is okay if you are marked?"

I liked how my mate was all flustered with this new found acceptance, hence I decided to do the unimaginable. I brought my lips closer to his ears.

"As much as I would love to stroke your male ego Alpha Lucas, you are mine as much as I am yours."

And then, holding my sling in place, I got up and ran up the stairs.

I could feel Acacia howling in joy with all the little strength she had, she was happy that I had finally accepted our mate.

===

"Is this really necessary?"

Ariana looked at me like she had grown two huge heads.

"It is your initiation ceremony! That too as a Luna! Do you know how many years do packs have to wait for a Luna's initiation?!"

I kind of understood her point, but the dress was still an overstatement.

The dress was white with silver embroidered flowers on sweetheart lining; small white pearls were stitched onto the dress in long straight lines and it was an off-shoulder with no sleeves.

"I picked this dress out so as to not hurt your shoulder, you can wear this running up your legs" she smiled, "and also, I bought this."

I lifted my eyes to see a silver colored shoulder sling that complemented the dress.

Mental face palm.

"This is overkill" I said, staring at the sling.

"Oh come on! Have some medical fashion sense! That black sling that you have worn currently will not go with the dress at all."

"I don't really care" I said rolling my eyes.

"Thenaaaaa...pleeeasssseeeeee..."

I huffed in annoyance at Ari's childishness.

"What's happening ladies?"

Our heads snapped to the door where Luna Irene was standing.

"Mamma! Convince her to wear this vestito!" cried Ari.

"Luna Irene, it is too flambo-" I started, but was cut-off.

"Mia figlia, I am not the Luna anymore, you are" she said, smiling.

An awkward silence engulfed the room.

What was I supposed to call my Alpha mate's mother?

"Apologies for my confusion, but as you are former Luna, I am not sure how to address you."

For a moment, her face visibly relaxed and she walked towards me.

"Athena, you do not need to formal with me. I am already your mother-in-law and you are the new Luna of this pack. You can call me mamma."

I blushed at her words. Yes, in our world you did not have a human marriage ceremony to establish an official relationship, the moment you found you mate it was official.

"Thank you..mamma" I sputtered in a low voice.

"Oh My Goddess! This is so emotional" cried Ari, fanning her face.

I held back a chuckle and looked at her.

"Also, about the dress," started mamma, "I would love to see our new Luna in that beautiful white dress."

I smiled at her. Well, if this is what everyone wants.

"Okay, I will wear the dress."

"Yaaaaassss girl! Thank you mamma!" shouted Ari.

I let out a giggle. Maybe I was finally where I belong.

===