Chapter 11

Lucas's POV

All my mate had was one duffel bag. That is it.

"That is it? One bag? Are you sure you are not leaving anything behind?" I stared at her.

"No genius. These are all my material possessions" she smirked.

Last night when she told me that she wanted to be a warrior, worry had engulfed me. Warriors were always in the line of danger. They were on the front-line during a war and a Luna who was a fighter was unheard of.

Letting my mate fight on the front-lines was not something I was ready to do. Even Leon did not agree.

However, I doubt she would have ever agreed to come with me if I wouldn't have heeded her condition. We did not want our mate angry. And all of our anger faded away when our mate gave us a peck on the cheek.

Tingles still ran through my body as I thought about it.

My mind panned to the present movement at the sound of the trunk closing.

"We ready?" she asked dusting her palms.

"Yes, we are" I said looking at Brandon who was dangling the keys.

===

Into the two hours of the total four hour drive, I looked at my mate who was resting her head on the window looking at the rain droplets race down the glass.

I was sitting at the back while Brandon was driving. Half the drive I kept staring at her looking at the outside world in awe. It was evident that she had never seen so many human settlements at once.

"What made you agree to this Lucas?" she asked suddenly turning to me.

"Agree to what?"

"Agree to my condition."

That caught Brandon's ears too.

"I want you to come back with me sweetheart. You are my mate and I want to be with you. And I would do anything for you."

"What about your pack? What will they think about this?"

Brandon looked back at me for a couple of seconds before turning back to the road.

"My pack does not know."

She turned to me. Her hazel orbs met my green ones.

"For now, it is only me and Brandon that know you are my mate" I continued, "when the pack gets to know that you are there, they will have questions on why are you the warrior and why are you not staying with me yet. This will remain between the three of us."

Her eyes moved from me to Brandon.

"Don't worry Luna, this will remain a secret. When I mind-linked back home to explain the situation, I conveniently left out the part where our Alpha found his mate. This is an unexplored territory for me so did not want to take any risks" smiled Brandon looking at her through the mirror.

"Thank you Brandon, I appreciate it. And please call me Athena. If this is a secret, I would better not prefer being called Luna."

Brandon plastered a lopsided smile.

"I am even surprised that he realized you are my mate" I said recollecting how he mind-linked me during the fight without me ever telling him that I had found our Luna.

"Luca, you forget that I have known you since we were in diapers. You growling and panting during the match was enough for me to understand that Athena is your mate."

Sneaky bastard.

"You were growling during the fight" asked my mate with a sheepish smile.

"Oh yes, I was. You can just say I am a very protective mate."

And then I got a peck on my right cheek which made me the luckiest mate ever.

===