Chapter 15

A/N - Contains mild mature scenes

===

Athena's POV

Time passed quickly. The limited possessions I had come with sat in the closet and I was now running a hot bath. At Camp Rogue you did not get the luxury of a bath tub and honestly, I was thankful for this luxury.

The events of the last 48 hours clouded my head as I immersed my body in the bath tub.

How I thought the fight was my ticket to a second chance, how I met my mate and more importantly, how nice he was to agree to my wishes.

I miss him cried Acacia.

I agreed with her, we were craving for our mate. Lust pooled into me thinking about his naked body, the way he pet me in the locker room. My body was aching for him. My fingers reached down there.

But we could not go to him, not for now.

Hence, I did the best thing I could do.

I started pleasuring myself.

===

"Shit. Shit. Shit."

The faint scent of arousal lingered in the room.

Goddess, please don't let my mate smell this.

The scent was faint, so only if anybody were to walk near the room, would they get a whiff.

Knock. Knock.

I jumped in fear clutching my towel.

"Who is it?"

After a few seconds of silence, someone spoke.

"It is David. Dinner is starting in fifteen. Be on time."

I relaxed. It was not Lucas.

Hell, I wish it was my mate whined my wolf.

I immediately cut her off. We did not need these thoughts now.

"I will be there" I shouted so that this guy could leave me alone.

After a few seconds he spoke again.

"You sure you don't want any help there?"

I could actually hear the smugness in his voice.

That bastard.

"I SAID I WILL BE THERE."

After a few seconds, retrieving footsteps were heard.

I sighed.

This was going to be tougher than I thought.

===

I made it downstairs throwing on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. Honestly, the last thing I wanted was for anyone to ogle at me.

As I reached the bottom-most stair, the dining table came to view.

"Athena" said Vincent who was seated at the head table, "please sit here, this is reserved for you."

He pointed to the seat to the left of him.

Wasn't that seat for someone important?

"You are our guest today, the newest member of our team. As per the tradition, we are to introduce you to the team here."

I nodded, making my way to the assigned seat. I was the only female at the table. I had to use this to my advantage.

"So, before we start eating, we introduce ourselves. I am Vincent Hugo, the Head Warrior of the Shadow Moon Pack."

Vincent turned to his right. There were six people including me at this table.

"I am Timothy Ricci, the Vice Head Warrior of the Shadow Moon Pack."

I gave him a nod.

"Matteo Aiello" said the gruff voice.

Matteo looked older than the rest of us and seemed like a veteran warrior.

"David Russo."

This was the bastard at my door.

I scowled at him. He just smirked in return.

"Maximilian" said a soft voice. He looked like a fourteen year old boy. Too young to fight.

However, I kept my thoughts to myself.

"I am Athena Xiphos and I look forward to fight for the Shadow Moon Pack. Alpha Lucas has given me this chance, and I want to prove myself."

"Xiphos as in the Xiphos pack?" said Matteo.

"Yes."

Matteo looked at me for a few seconds. I held his gaze.

"I thought the whole pack was killed."

"My parents hid me. I was found later and the Alpha had to hand me over to Camp Rogue as per the New World Rules."

After a few seconds, Matteo nodded.

"We should begin eating" said Vincent, breaking the silence.

===

Food was great.

Although I did not learn much about the men, I did learn that there were more warriors but two years back they were killed. No specifics were discussed, but I had to read between the lines.

Also, I learnt that Maximilian was an abandoned werewolf who was adopted into the pack. He was the youngest and the newest member of the warriors after me.

"Tomorrow we meet at the training grounds at 7 am. Be ready" said Vincent, dismissing the dinner party.

As I got up to go upstairs, David appeared.

"So princess, I am going for a run, would you like to join?" he smirked.

Anger clouded my eyes, however, I didn't want to lose my temper in front of my new team.

"Tell me how it was" I smiled, walking upstairs.

===