Chapter 41

Athena's POV

"I am completely fine!"

"No, but let me help you!"

I sighed exasperated at my mate trying to pick me up bridal style. Keyword - Trying

Dr. Sanchez had allowed me to go home today, provided I would have the pills everyday and call her up once in a day for a week updating her on the healing process. The pain in my shoulder had subsided but it had not healed completely. The pills had to continue for a week.

"I am not a cripple, I CAN WALK!"

"NO! I want to carry you!"

My eyes softened. Lucas still felt guilty for the incident and felt he had to compensate for it. I outstretched my good arm to hold his hand.

"It was not your fault."

"But I should have been there Athie, I failed my duty as a mate. I should have been there to protect you, fight alongside you."

I smiled. Only if my wolf had heard that. The silver in the system was reducing, but Acacia was still weak. It would take another few days to hear her make partial statements about our mate.

"We have many more battles to fight. And I promise you Luca, we will fight them together. This is just the start."

===

Luna Irene had brought me a change of clothes in the morning but left mid-morning citing pack reasons. Ariana did not show up today and Brandon was waiting in the car.

As I let Luca carry me to the car, my unhurt arm dangling around his neck and his intoxicating scent hitting my nose, I finally felt safe. But a question kept troubling me since morning.

"What happens now?" I asked, my voice faint.

"What do you mean? You mean what happens once we are back?"

"Yes, once we go back today, how are things going to be?"

Luca's arms gripped the back of my knees and pulled me closer to him.

"You will become a part of the pack. Then you will become the Luna."

My eyes widened.

"The pack?! Will they like me? They hardly know me!"

Luca let out a soft chuckle.

"Of course they will love you. They are all eager to get to know you."

This did nothing to calm my nerves, instead I could feel my insides churning. 

What would the pack think of me? Oh My Goddess! Would I even be a good Luna?!

"Stop overthinking babe, I know my pack, our pack. They will love you. You are already a Warrior and they know how brave you were fighting those bastards."

Lucas's eye crinkled as he spoke. I stared at him, my mouth agape. Did he really think I was brave? Would the pack really accept me?

"But..I am scared," I whispered, "what if they do not like me?"

"They already love you sweetheart, and they are very excited to meet you."

===