Chapter 31

Lucas's POV

"I found my mate. And she rejected me."

I stood there, looking at him. His eyes were glassy, tears threatened to fall.

"Who was it?" I asked in a soft voice. But, I knew the answer. 

Nathan let out a humorless laugh.

"You know who."

"Cassidy?"

Nathan nodded. I gave him a sympathetic look. When it came to Nathan's emotions, it was always Cass. Nathan never cried, and if he did, it was always her.

We always knew that Cass and Nathan were made for each other ever since we were kids. They were inseparable and many speculated that it was the mate pull that kept them together. He was her protective guardian and she was more than happy to lean on him for the support.

"I am sorry Nate. But let me tell you, I am not surprised. The Midnight pack had not treated her and her mother well, you could not have expected her to accept you right?"

"I KNOW OKAY, I KNOW MY PACK DID A MISTAKE!! BUT I AM PAYING THE PRICE! I HAVE BEEN PAYING THE PRICE SINCE MANY YEARS NOW! I DESERVE THE REJECTION!"

"CALM DOWN NATE! WILL YOU? This was her pack as much as it was yours. She does deserve an apology! But moping and blaming yourself for something you could not control then will not help at this point. You can win her back, you have to! Tell me, you did not complete the rejection, right?"

In the werewolf world, you were always blessed with one mate, rarely did you get a second chance one. Hence, a rejection was only complete when both the mates would declare their rejection upfront, face-to-face.

"OF COURSE NOT! I could never reject her, she is my mate" declared Nathan, gulping the drink in one-go.

"Look Nate, I know this is a lot to go through and exactly know how you are going through right now. So please, don't give up. Fight for her man, you have loved her since so long."

Nathan hummed, his fingers tracing the brim of the glass. I brought the glass to my lips, but froze when he spoke.

"How do you know what am I going through right now?"

===

A/N: This is a short chapter. But, I have been writing a lot more chapters that are huge. Hopefully, I will post the next one in a couple of days. 

Stay tuned!