Chapter 3- Pokerface

I didn't see Yuta for the rest of the day. I decided to go to Angelus urbe—my own kingdom. I went without telling anyone, wanting some time to myself.

"Hey Taehee!" Soojin squealed and hugged me. "It's been forever since I last saw you!"

I chuckled and hugged her back. "Yeah, it's been pretty long."

"How's your boyfriend, Yuta? I heard he finally became King?"

My smile faded at the mention of his name and Soojin noticed.

"Is everything okay?" She said worriedly.

"Y-Yeah," I said before the tears rolling down my face. "I-I'm scared, Soojin."

She pulled me into a hug immediately, comforting me. "What are you afraid of?"

"Yuta... was f-flirting... with some other chick," I managed to say in between sobs. "Right in front of me..."

"What?!"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Who is this chick?" She asked, her tone laced with anger as she wiped my tears.

"Her name is Ryuna," I said. "Apparently, she's an angel, and I can't even sense it."

"You can't sense it? How?"

"I don't even know, Soojin...I don't know what's wrong with me."

~

I spent the next one week in my kingdom. Jieun tried to communicate through our minds but I tried to block it. Luckily, she understood that I wanted to be alone for a while.

I was going back to Neo City tonight. After saying goodbye to Soojin, I quickly formed the portal and left.

Since I'm not a vampire, the portal spawns in random areas of the kingdom. Unfortunately, it brought me to Ten's room, when he was in the middle of a heated make out session with Minnie. They both gasped in shock before they realized it was me.

"Dear lord, Taehee, can't you knock?" Ten said, rolling his eyes.

"She came through the portal, you idiot," Minnie said, smacking her boyfriend's head.

"Sorry for interrupting," I said, smiling cheekily. "I can't control where it takes me."

"It's alright," Minnie said, hugging me. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too," I said. "I'm gonna go to my room now."

They nodded and I left. I met Lucas and Yuqi on the way.

"Taehee! You're back!" Yuqi squealed and hugged me.

"Taehee! You're back!" Lucas imitated his girlfriend and hugged me as well. I laughed at how he tried to imitate her sweet voice.

"Have you... met Yuta yet?" Yuqi asked, her tone a little hesitant.

"Not yet, I was going to our room now anyway," I said with a shrug. "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"Yeah..." She said. "I'll just get to the point. Yuta was with Ryuna this entire week while you were gone."

"You should really talk to him, Taehee," Lucas said. I nodded and spoke to them for a while before heading to Yuta's room, which is my room too.

He was sitting on the bed, reading a book. He noticed my presence when I closed the door. In just a flash, he was in front of me, cupping my cheeks. I could smell Ryuna on him, meaning that he was with her today as well. I decided to keep a pokerface.

"Do you understand how worried I was?" He said, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I was fine..."

"I wasn't fine though," He said, stroking my cheek with his thumb. "You were gone for a week, love... without telling me. Jieun was really busy so I couldn't even ask her where you were."

"I was missing home," I lied. "I'm sorry."

Yuta kissed my head before crashing his lips onto mine. I couldn't focus on the kiss much when I could smell her scent all over him. I felt uneasy when I could sense another angel's touch on his lips. I put my hands around his neck and could feel that his neck had been touched as well. Being an angel allowed me to identify if anything had been touched by another angel before. I immediately pulled away, feeling the anxiety hit me.

He looked confused cause I usually never pull away from his kisses. "Babe...?"

-

End of chapter 3.
Please vote!