Chapter 5- Eyes

"Taehee, come on!" Jieun whined. "You can't keep running away from this! It's been two whole months!"

I sighed. I decided to come to the human world, being a professor at a college. It helped me escape from my thoughts.

"I love it here, Jieun," I said softly. "I wanna be here for a little longer. Please?"

She groaned but agreed before she disappeared to wherever she had to go to. I got ready for the day and headed out to the college where I taught the post-graduate students.

The day started as usual: the whole class staring at me when I enter, the men concentrating on my body instead of the lecture, the women envying me, all that stuff.

During my last lecture for the day, I noticed a man sleeping, seated at the last bench.

"Wake him up," I said to the man sitting beside him and he did as I told. The sleeping man stirred before sleepily raising his head. My eyes locked with the most beautiful pair of bluish green eyes—human eyes—I'd ever seen.

I broke the eye contact and cleared my throat. "Well Mr. ...?"

"My name is Yanan," He said in his honey-like voice, ruffling his brown hair.

"Alright, Yanan, could you explain why you were sleeping in my class?" I asked, leaning against the table.

"I didn't sleep enough last night," He said honestly. "And I've already finished studying the topic that you're lecturing about."

I decided to test him. "Okay, so tell me which process is different in Carnot and Rankine cycle and why?"

"The heat addition process is different because in Rankine cycle, the heat addition process is reversible and at constant pressure, whereas in Carnot cycle, it is reversible and isothermal," He explained perfectly, smirking at the end. I was impressed.

I got back to the lecture, ignoring the whispers about Yanan. Once the lecture was over, I waited for all my students to leave as usual.

Yanan stood in front of my desk, smiling. I raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you gonna leave?"

He leaned in, staring right into my eyes. "Your eyes... They're beautiful."

"Thanks..." I said with a blush. "Yours are too."

He chuckled. "Well, Miss Park, care to have coffee with me?"

I was just about to accept when I realized that I had to go to Angelus Urbe tonight.

"Today isn't possible," I said. "I've got some errands to run."

"Oh, alright," He said with a small smile. "How about next week then?"

"Yeah, sure!" I said happily.

How could I say no to that face?

-

End of chapter 5.
Please vote!