present

After a long day of work, you unlocked the door to your home and stepped inside.
  "You're back!" a voice exclaimed from below.
You looked down to see Chucky smiling up at you, his big blue eyes wide with excitement.
  You smiled and knelt down to pat his head. "Hey, buddy. Were you waiting here for me all day?"
  He nodded before extending his arm towards you, revealing a broken popsicle stick tightly clutched in his hand. It had a yellow bow neatly wrapped around it.
   "I made you a present!" he beamed.
   "Aww, you did?" you gushed, reaching forward and taking the stick from him, cradling it in your hands. The sight of the item brought a tear to your eye.
  "Oh, c'mere, honey," you scooped him into your arms. "Did you make this all by yourself?"
The android nodded proudly up at you.
"Oh, sweetheart, thank you so much. I love it," you cried, hugging the little doll close and planting a kiss to his forehead. His adorable grin grew wider.
  You stood, cradling him like a baby. "C'mon, let's go put this in a safe place so I won't lose it," you suggested.
  He smiled and rested his head on your shoulder. He was so glad you liked his gift. Clinging to you, he thought about just how much he cared about you, and how happy he was alongside you.