episode

It was late at night. You had been asleep for quite some time, but as for Chucky, he lay wide awake at your side, contemplating, fidgeting. Night time was the best time to remember things he wish he could forget. He soon became so incredibly distraught that he began to tremble. The images embedded in his memory began to surface like the steam from hot water. The memories of his confusion, his actions, and the people he unknowingly hurt were all he could think of. He couldn't take it any longer.
He suddenly turned and grabbed your arm, frantically attempting to shake you awake.
"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! (Y/n)!" he cried.
You soon awoke with a jump, about to speak until you looked down and saw your horrified little doll clinging to your arm.
"Hey, what's the matter, buddy?" you asked softly, releasing your arm from his grasp and putting it around him instead.
"I-I was thinking about... Andy again," he whimpered, burying his face in your side.
Your heart twisted at his words. "Aw, c'mere, sweetheart," you lifted him into your arms and enveloped him in a tight embrace. He quickly wrapped his arms around your neck and cowered against you.
This sort of thing was common. Every few weeks or so, he would have an episode of some sort, crying for you to hold him and complaining that he was scared. It was an equivalent to artificial ptsd, in some way.
"It's okay, buddy, I've got you," you continued to cuddle him, caressing his hair.
"I thought we were f-friends, but he hurt me," he cried. "I don't know what I did wrong. I just wanted him to be happy. I didn't want to hurt anybody!"
"Sssshhhhh, I know, I know."
"He let them hurt me. I was s-so scared. I just wanted to fix him so we could be together forever!" his little fingers dug deeper into your shirt.
"Sshhhh, I know, baby. It's okay."
Sometimes it was better to let him ramble on about whatever came to mind, although you hated listening to it. But nonetheless, he would eventually run out of things to say, resorting to just holding onto you and letting you sooth him back to a calmer state.
  "Please don't hurt me like Andy did, (Y/n)."
  You positioned to cradle him, looking him in the eye.
"I promise, I would never, ever hurt you, bud. You're safe now, okay? Andy and his friends can't hurt you anymore. I'm always gonna take care of you and be here for you, because I love you so, so much," you smiled, your thumb gently tracing over the features of his face.
He hesitantly cracked a grin and hid his face in your neck once more.
You brought your covers up and over you both, still holding him tightly. The now satisfied android nuzzled against you contently.
"I'm sorry, (Y/n)," you heard him mutter after a few moments.
"You have nothing to be sorry for, honey. I get it. After what you've been through, the least I can do is be here for you. I really don't mind. I love taking care of you," you replied.
"You're my best friend, (Y/n)."
"You're my best friend, too, sweetheart," you kissed his forehead, murmuring reassurances until you fell asleep.