day off

"(Y/n), wait!"
  You had just slung your bag over your shoulder and were just about to leave for work when you heard Chucky's cry from behind you. You turned to face him.
  "Please don't go! I don't wanna be all alone again!" he pleaded, running to latch onto your leg.
You sighed. Although Chucky's protests about your departure were a daily routine, you thought it was about time you gave him a break and stayed home with him. Kneeling down to his height, you placed a hand on his freckled cheek.
"Alright, alright, I won't go to work today, okay? I'll stay here with you, but just for today."
He instantly grinned from ear to ear. "Really? You won't go away today?"
"Nope," you scooped him up. "It's just you and me today, bud."
"Yay!" he cheered, waving his little arms.
You laughed and carried him to the couch, where you flopped down and began to flip through the various TV channels.
You felt Chucky wrap his arms around your neck and nuzzle against you under your chin.
"Aw, you wanna cuddle?" you laughed, looking down at him.
You felt him nod his head. Chuckling to yourself, you held him closer to your chest and leaned back into the couch.
"I love you so much, (Y/n)," he murmured.
"I know, dork. You tell me everyday," you snickered. "But I love you, too."
"Thank you for staying with me."
"It's nothing, hon. I'd do anything for you."
Your fingers intertwined with his. He looked up at you with the happiest grin he could put on.
You laughed again. "Stop being so cute!" you snorted. "If you were any more adorable my heart would melt!"
  Overjoyed, he giggled as you placed kisses all over his face. He loved that you were so affectionate. You buried your face in his hair as your other hand strung through his ginger locks.
"Are we having fun now?" he chirped.
"Yeah, we are," you smiled.
That day, the two of you stayed glued to each other, savoring the time you had to be alongside your best friend with no interruption or worry. You would've never guessed how good it felt to just hold Chucky for a day, talking about whatever came to mind or just curling up on the couch with him. It was quality time that was long overdue.
"(Y/n), are we gonna be together forever?"
You looked down at the little doll in your arms, whose only visible feature in the darkness were his two blue, glowing eyes.
"Yeah, we are. Until the end, like the song says, bud," you smiled and rested your chin on his head, then returned to gazing at the stars overhead.