hide and seek

"(Y/n)?" Chucky called to you as he trudged through the door way of your bedroom. He stopped in the middle of the room, head clicking left to right.
  You snickered to yourself from behind the closet door. He would never be able to find you.
Chucky wandered around your room, checking potential hiding spots at random. Once he had nearly covered every inch of the room, he returned to the middle and looked around again.
"(Y/n)?" the doll called again, a noticeable hint of desperation in his voice. You furrowed your brow, listening closely.
"(Y/n), where did you go? Did you leave me all alone?"
You covered your mouth to stifle the gasp that escaped. You watched as he sat down, holding his knees and resting his chin on top. He looked so sad, so hopeless. On instinct, you rushed out of the closet and ran to him.
Chucky whipped around to face you. "(Y/n)!" he cried, opening his arms.
"Chucky, what happened?" you asked, sitting beside him and swiftly scooping him up.
"I thought you me left forever!" he said, burying his face in your neck.
"Oh, sweetheart, I would never leave you! Why would you think I would do something like that? We're best friends!" you squeezed him tight.
He raised his head a bit, looking up at you. "We'll always be best friends? You'll never leave me, never ever?"
"Never ever."
"Yay!" he cheered.
You snorted and planted a kiss to his cheek. "You're a dork. I could never leave you, cause you know I love you with all my heart, right?"
He nodded. "I love you, too!"
You smiled to yourself for a few moments, hugging him to your chest and stroking his hair.
"Do you wanna sing the buddi song?" he squeaked.
"Always," you laughed.