bad day

Stepping into your home, you leaned against the door until it shut, then exhaled loudly.
"(Y/n)! Welcome back! I made you a present while you were gone," you heard Chucky greet you at your feet.
You forced a smile and knelt down to take a wilting flower wrapped in a bright yellow bow from his hand.
"Aw, thanks, bud," you smiled and picked him up, sitting down and against the door. You held him as if you were a child holding their favorite teddy bear.
Hugging him tight, you tried to calm yourself. He had always been great at calming you down whenever you were anxious or sad. Sometimes it helped to talk to him about what you were feeling, while he listened intently without uttering a word. Other times you just needed something to hold, to which he would always gladly cuddle with you and sing to you if you were really down.
"(Y/n), are you okay?"
His head was clicking side to side, trying to find your face so that he could read your expression. You leaned him back in your arms so that he was facing you. A single tear fell from your eye, and you quickly wiped it away with your sleeve.
"Why are you crying?" he murmured.
You couldn't stop the tears from flowing then, so you let them fall from your cheeks as you cried softly.
"(Y/n)? Please don't cry! It's okay, I'm here," he pleaded, using his small hands to wipe away the running tears. You pulled him close again and let yourself cry.
After a few minutes, you had no tears left, so you just sniffled into his ginger hair.
"(Y/n), why are you so sad?"
You faced him again and wiped at your eyes.
"Sorry, I just had a really, really bad day," you croaked.
"It's okay, you're here with me now! You don't need to be sad anymore," he reassured you, offering a smile.
You laughed. "Oh, Chucky, you're the sweetest little guy I could ever ask for," you squeezed him tight, nuzzling your face into his hair.
  He happily snuggled back into your embrace. "If I sing the buddi song will that help you feel better?"
You chuckled and pet his hair out of his face for him. "I think it would."
So you cradled him to your chest, feeling yourself relax as he sang softly to you. You got up when he finished and brought him to the couch, where he cuddled with you the rest of the night.