bedtime

Setting Chucky down carefully beside your various stuffed animals, you fished out a book from your drawer and crawled into bed beside him. You picked him up and set him in your lap.
"Okay, so the book we're gonna read is called 'Stellaluna'. My dad used to read this to me every night when I was little, it's about a baby bat that gets separated from her mother and tries to find her," you explained, resting your chin on his head and holding up the book for him to examine.
Chucky smiled and excitedly grasped at the book. You opened to the first page and began reading to him. The small lights in your room blanketed the room in a warm hue. The various drawings Chucky had made for you taped randomly across the wall shone in the light, and your collection of all of his presents remained tucked safely away in the little box on your dresser. You lay comfortably with the android curled up in your arms, who held his small teddy bear close and glided his fingers over the pictures on the book as if he wished to feel them, making small clicking and whirring noises every time he would move in the slightest. After an exhausting day, cuddling with your favorite little robot in the shelter and comfort of your own room felt nice.
"The end," you softly shut the book and set it aside. "Did you like that book?" you asked, turning him on his side so that he faced you.
Chucky nodded happily. "I loved that book, (Y/n)!"
You smiled. "Good. I'm glad you liked it, honey." Yawning, you lifted him into your arms. "C'mere, cuddle-bug, time for bed."
You turned over on your side with him still in your grasp, setting him down next to you and holding him to your chest.
"Maybe we can read a book every night before we go to bed. How's that sound?"
"Yes, please!" Chucky chirped.
You chuckled and ran a hand through his hair.
  "Alright. Goodnight, sweetheart," you murmured, giving him a goodnight kiss on the forehead.
"Goodnight, (Y/n)," Chucky whispered, squeezing your hand and snuggling close.