gardening

Chucky had definitely improved when it came to his anxiety and trauma from the events that unfolded between him and Andy, but that kind of scarring doesn't ever fully heal. It was one day that you decided to find something for him to do to help him keep his mind occupied. You brought him with you to a gardening shop, letting him pick out any pack of seeds he wanted. He eventually stumbled upon a pack of daffodil seeds, eagerly grabbing at the bag and trying to pick it up. You laughed and picked it up for him, then proceeded to purchase the seeds and check out.
When you got home, he giddily insisted that you begin planting the seeds immediately. You went to the backyard and found a suitable spot to dig a hole.
"Okay, so once you dig the hole, you gotta put the seeds in and cover them back up," you explained.
Chucky placed his fistful of seeds above the hole before dropping them in. You helped him cover it back up.
"Well there ya go!" you pat his head. "Now all we have to do is water it everyday and hope that it grows."
"I hope they grow into a pretty flower," he piped.
Over the next few weeks, you and Chucky tended to the seeds, watering them regularly and making sure they were safe. One day while walking to the backyard to water them, you noticed a tiny green root beginning to surface.
"Look!" Chucky shouted, racing to kneel down and touch the root gently. "It's growing!"
"Awesome!" you knelt next to him and pat his shoulder.
The weeks carried on, and before you knew it, the once tiny root had sprouted into a bright, vibrant flower.
"It grew, (Y/n)!" the doll cheered as you scooped the flower into a pot. "It really grew!"
You then handed the pot to him, to which he carefully took in his small hands, marveling at the flower.
"You did such a good job, buddy!" you laughed and picked him up, planting a kiss to his freckled cheek. He giggled and snuggled against you.
"I couldn't have done it without you, (Y/n)," he beamed.
From then on, gardening was something he loved to do with you. It was so much fun, and it made him forget about the things he didn't want to remember.