it's okay

He clutched the knife awkwardly as he remained huddled in the corner of your kitchen. You slowly approached him, kneeling in front of him cautiously.
  "Hey, buddy," you tried for a smile. "It's alright. I'm here."
  You had become accustomed to these types of incidents. And like each time before, you went through the same process to help him detach from this side of him.
  "I'm here," you repeated, "it's okay."
  He didn't move. He still held your gaze with those big blue eyes, usually beaming with joy, now dull and sad.
  "I'll stay here all night if I have to. Whenever you feel you're ready to give me the knife, you go ahead, okay?"
  Chucky recoiled as you calmly moved to hold out your hand. It seemed as if time stopped, and you held your breath, awaiting his next move. After what felt like hours, he hesitantly leaned forward and dropped the blade in your hand.
  You exhaled, setting the knife out of reach. He instantly looked as if he regretted his decision, shielding himself with his small hands and looking more horrified than ever.
  "You did it, buddy! I'm so proud of you," you quickly praised him.
  After a long pause, you scooted closer. You began to reach for him, but made sure to ask: "Can I pick you up now?"
  He didn't respond for a moment, then nodded slowly. You didn't hesitate to lift him from that dark corner and gather him snugly to your chest, where he immediately hid his face in your shoulder. You ran a hand through his hair and down his back in a repeating motion, as always. He felt himself instantly melt into your embrace. His feelings and emotions came flooding back, and he suddenly felt protected, loved, and safe again in your arms.
  "You okay, sweetheart?" you murmured.
  He nodded.
  You began to rock the little doll back and forth, giving him small kisses on his forehead.
  "I'm sorry, (Y/n)," you heard him mutter.
  "No, don't apologize, baby," you gave a sad chuckle, "don't be sorry. It's okay to be scared, especially after everything that's happened to you. All that matters to me is that you're safe."
  He allowed himself to smile, closing his eyes and enjoying being so close to you. You were so kind, and even after all you had done for him, the only thing you cared about was his well-being. And it was true, you wouldn't trade the world for him.