thunderstorm

After Chucky had finished singing the buddi song to you like he did every night, he closed his eyes and prepared to go into sleep mode. Snuggling into your arms, he listened as the steady rhythm of the rain tapped against your window. He could hear the gentle rumble of thunder from time to time, but nothing too noticeable.
  That is until a sudden strike of lightning illuminated the room in a bright blue, immediately followed by a deafening crash of thunder. It shook the room, sending tremors through the air. He recoiled against you in fear, eyes nearly bulging from their artificial sockets. The sound had awoken you, too, and you quickly raised your head, looking around the room.
  "Phew, that scared me half to death," you puffed. You looked down and noticed Chucky cowering against you.
  "Hey, you okay, honey?" you asked softly, lifting him into your arms and holding him close.
He just continued to cling to you, trembling slightly.
  "Aw, Chucky, it's okay! I've got you," you cooed, caressing his cheek. Your heart shattered at the sight of his fear. "There's nothing to be scared of. It's only a thunderstorm."
  When you saw that he didn't budge, you felt even worse. You tried to think of something you could do to make your poor doll feel better. You thought about what he would do if you were scared, suddenly perking up when it hit you.
"You are my buddy, until the end...," you began to sing softly.
  Chucky stopped trembling.
  "More than a buddy, you're my best friend..."
  He slowly raised his head to look at you. You looked down at him, smiling gently.
  "I love you more than you will ever know..."
  The corners of his mouth began to lift into a smile.
  "I will never let you go," you finished.
  He grinned up at you, making you chuckle.
  "There's my smile," you laughed, tightening your arms around him and kissing his forehead.
  "You feel better now, sweetheart?"
   He nodded happily.
  "Good. C'mon then, cuddle-bug," you brought him under the covers again, cocooning him to your chest protectively. All was quiet once more, except for the faint whirring of his servos as he got comfortable. He let all of his fears melt away as he enjoyed the feeling of your gentle fingers smoothing through his hair.
  As the storm rumbled on, Chucky payed no mind, because he knew he was safe from all the dangers the world would bring as long as you were there to protect him.