Ch. 28*

Lana's POV:

I ran through the fields to nowhere. I just ran. and ran. and ran. I ran until I could feel myself huffing and puffing for oxygen and finally began to slow down. I was still in the Pride Lands. This place seemed very familiar yet it had a bad feeling. A bad vibe. There were scents there but extremely faint. No one had been here in many years.

I carried on walking slowly, looking around. The grass was tall and dry, with large rocks and boulders that could hide predators.

I walked over to one really big boulder and hopped onto it, laying down with my head on my front paws.

I sniffed the air again while I thought. The smells were so familiar, like I had been there before. Maybe I had been. I could smell my own scent!

I furrowed my brows and climbed down, walking around the rock and sniffing. It was me!

We ran towards a scent. It was strange yet all too familiar to me. We hid behind the large rock I was lying on. I looked over the large rock. They seemed to be hairless monkey things that walked on two legs. They had large objects that moved really fast and made a lot of noise and held longs sticks in the paws.

Humans

Guns

My worst nightmare

"Woa" I exclaimed.

"I think we should head back, they don't look too friendly." The lioness said softly.

I ignored her and carried on gazing at the new mysterious creatures. They were new at the time.

"Come on, I want to get a closer look!" I whisper and move closer.

"Nzuri!" The other lioness called softly.

I rolled my eyes and kept going. I crouched low in the grass, my light beige fur blending perfectly with the colour.

One of the humans suddenly walked passed me and made me jump. I moved backwards making the grass rustle around me. It looked at me straight in the eye before pointing its gun at me and calling for the others. They all ran towards me and I dared not make a move.

"Ugh!" I yelled, snapping my eyes open from the memory. That's what happened, it had to be.

I took a deep breath, my lungs inflating and deflating again and again, trying to calm myself down. I stopped my body from shaking and eased my breathing before I looked up and around, daring myself to go further.

I walked towards a clearing with a couple of trees and looked around at the mess. Humans had been here for a long time. I knew it by the tools and objects that they left behind. Hammers, guns, bullets, buttons from clothing, plastic bottles and wrappers, helmets, even polls from their tents. I sighed, sitting down in the middle and resting my head on my paws.

Was this place really my home?

Is my father the late king? My mother is the old queen then? How? I'm not royalty. Am I?

How did I end up in a zoo in South Africa? Did the humans kidnap me?

What happened to me to make me not remember?

My ears twitched and I looked up, worry overcoming me. Was it humans? They haven't been here in a long time.

I stood up as the rustling got louder and got into a fighting position. I had always known how to fight, but I had never learnt. It's always been a wonder to me. I growled, baring my teeth and faced the direction of the rustling grass. I could see deep yellow eyes looking out from the shadowed grass.