Chapter Seven

[EMMA]

Should I do it?

No I shouldn't.

But should I?

How can somebody even concentrate in doing homework when the mind's distracted with other things.

"Can I get your number?"

Why did I give him my number? I can't believe I fell into his charms... Again!

First he goes out of the blue, pulled me into a lonely bathroom, make-out with me, then snub me, and now he says he wants to be with me?

What the heck does that even mean? Because I'm so confused.

I know I'm not that smart and I rarely could understand the concept of human anatomy but this is just way confusing than all the subjects in school combined.

Did he mean he wanted me to be his girlfriend? Or that he wanted to ask me out on a proper date? But he didn't say anything like that.

"I really want to be with you..."

That's what he said in verbatim.

I walked back and forth inside my room, in front of my bed, while fiddling with my fingers. I keep glancing down on my phone in which I had Ryle's messages opened.

"Hi!" -Ryle

"How are you?" -Ryle

"This is Ryle." -Ryle

"I'm really sorry again for earlier, for this morning, for this afternoon." -Ryle

"About what I said, I'm serious. Hoping you'd say yes." -Ryle

"I'm not rushing you though. You can take all the time you need." -Ryle

"By the way, let me just say how adorable you look today. Can't believe I resisted myself from running into you the first time you smiled to me in school ;)." -Ryle.

"Emma?" -Ryle.

He really did texted me. And woah that was a whole lot of messages in just a small span of time.

I bit my lower lip. My braincells have decided but my hands were protesting. They wouldn't even move to touch the phone's screen. It's like they have a mind of their own and was screaming No Emma! Don't be an idiot! Don't fall for it!

However, my braincells dominated and alas, I started typing down my reply. I finished typing down a complete sentence but I'd find myself deleting it. The drill went on for three more possible replies.

Until I've decided on one.

"Hey." -Emma

Okay.

I guess that's good. The shorter the better. Not too casual, not too rude. Not flirty, not obvious. It was plain and simple.

****

The next morning, mom drove us to school. She dropped Edmund first, then me.

After bidding her adieu, I made my way to the school premise. Unfortunately, I had to walk through the pathway with some popular girls so I had to lower my presence. I slowed my pace to let them walk ahead of me.

Just then, I felt somebody tap the small of my back. I flinched a little then turned my head over my shoulder to see Ryle catching up to me from behind.