Chapter Eleven

[EMMA]

After seeing Meg drove off in her mom's car, I changed my pace to the school library.

Ryle: Meet me at the library after school.

That was Ryle's last message for me. Curious as I was, I decided to agree.

I got to the meet up place with no other familiar faces except for Mrs. Pittsburgh who was the school librarian. The place wasn't that crowded, which is kinda sad knowing that teenagers nowadays would rather spend most of their times on their gadgets than drown in their imaginations by reading books. What's even sadder is I happen to be one of those millennials.

I'm not proud of it. I just don't enjoy reading that much. I'd delve into reading, but after a chapter or two, I end up doing something else. Can you blame me for being more into movies than novel pages?

I decided to stay behind one of the tall shelves where they place the fictional novel category. I indian-seated on the floor, leaning my back against the shelf.

Emma: Hey I'm here.

After a couple of minutes, probably fifteen, Ryle showed up. I raised my chin up and saw him already standing in front of me with a wide grin on his face.

"Sorry I'm late," he said crouching down to his feet. "The school paper wanted some help for the school tabloid," he explained.

I gave him a reassuring smile then he abruptly leaned in and pecked my lips. I had to blink twice just to get me out from the trance.

"Let's go," he began to say as he stand up. I took his hand that was stretched down to me and he pulled me up to stand.

"Where?" I asked curiously.

"We're going out silly," he answered with a chuckle and then ruffled my hair lightly. I scrunched my face and tried to shove his hand off my hair but he only messed my hair even more.

"Stop!" I whined. "I didn't bring any comb," I pouted trying to fix my hair that now looked like it got hit by a tornado.

Ryle brushed his hands through my hair to help me with the hair-fixing. I blushed as my eyes locked on his. He was so close to the point that I can feel his minty breath fanning on me, sending warmth down my spine.

"You still look adorable though," he kissed my forehead and it was enough to send my heart jumping inside my chest. Blushing, I punched his arm lightly, making him whisper-wailed an ow!

"Now c'mon before anyone sees us," he hauled me out of the library and to his car that was parked right in front of the library's entrance.

I just don't feel good about what he said though.

****

We were at the mall.

A pretty ironic place to be in right now considering the fact that we're trying to put whatever it is we have low-key.

Oh well. He brought me here so might as well cherish the moment.

The first store that we went to was a cellphone store. At first I was confused as to why, but when he began to ask if he could take a look at my phone, it instantly registered into me.

"Ryle, you don't have to do this," I told him while he was scanning the cellphones displayed behind a glass.

"Don't be silly. That guy broke your phone," he simply said, still scanning.

I laughed wryly. "It's not broken. The screen's just cracked but it's still usable," I defended.

"Uh huh--" he called for a saleslady. "--whatever you say--" he requested to take a closer look on the displayed cellphones so the saleslady pulled them out for him to check.