6: No Problem!

3rd Person's POV

Hyukjae and Donghae are both sitting on the bed—both facing each other—both of them are just staring at each other. Both aren't making noises at the same time—not until both of them sigh at the same time.

"This is weird," Donghae mumbled softly.

Donghae never questioned his relationship with Hyukjae. While growing up they were always together anyway and same with Hyukjae. He felt like no one will take Donghae away from him so what's the point of knowing their relationship status.

The engineering boy can't help but nod, "Why did hyung ask us that question?" Hyukjae asked the latter both who can only shrug his shoulder. "Maybe—Hyung is just curious? I don't know—I don't think this is even necessary," Donghae is complaining again—like usual.

Hyukjae who used to the complaining chuckled softly while still looking at the boy in front of him, "We both know—right?" but somehow he isn't sure too now. It's true that Donghae and Hyukjae are like a set of meal. You cannot only order rice without the dish—right? But just like someone who will order the meal, they are undecided what to buy.

Donghae slowly nods but his sweaty hands are tightly gripping into one another, "Neh—right Hyukkie?" that came out awkwardly.

Now both of them aren't sure about the relationship status they have.

Maybe they've been so protective to each other that they grew on like that.

Donghae finally sigh before gathering his strength, "Hyukkie—what am I to you?" he asked without turning back. Donghae knows that if the answer isn't what he expects, it might be the end of his lifetime relationship with Hyukjae.

The other boy looks shocked because he was hoping to ask Donghae the same question, now he needs to face it—he is very afraid that he will ruin everything that they have if he will say something.

"You are—" Hyukjae isn't sure. What does he need to say? "My—childhood friend?" he asked hoping that he got it right but the sudden disappointment on Donghae's face makes Hyukjae defend his answer, "I mean—we grew up together—right? And you know that—ahmm—you are special—to me—right? Ahhmmm I mean—look Hae—I don't know if you notice it—but ahm—I treated you differently from Sungmin—right? And ahmm Sungmin is also—our you know—childhood friend too since elementary school—right? So—I was really hoping all these years that—ahm at least you were aware of my—you know feelings—and that more than my childhood friend—you are like—more than best friend too—ahm—so I assumed that I don't need to—you know tell you about it—and ahm I thought we were on the same page—so I settled like that," with all of the tongue tied and awkward explanations that Hyukjae did, Donghae only understand one thing.

The engineering boy is cursing silently because of what he just said when Donghae decided to grab both of his hands, "So—maybe Hyukkie we both assumed—the same thing," which makes Hyukjae to look at Donghae's eyes. Those expressive eyes that has been looking at him all these time.