She Hates Me

Jade's eyes slowly flickered open.

"Jade? Hey, you a'ight?"

"What- What happened?"

Andre sighed. "You were in a car wreak. A pretty bad one." He licked his lips nervously. "You're car hit a tree and caught fire. Beck and Cat pulled you out, they saved your life."

Jade frowned. "How did my car hit a tree? I don't remember swerving."

Andre shrugged. "Sorry, I don't know. We were inside. We heard the wreak and ran out the door, well Beck was already out there looking for you so he saw the crash, but I didn't. Sorry."

Jade gulped. "Why was Beck looking for me? He let me walk out the door."

"Probably because you threw a- well a- ya know- a pregnancy test at him."

Jade took a shaky breath. "The baby? Is- Is it okay? After the car wreak?"

Andre sighed and cautiously took her hand. "I'm sorry, Jade. Due to trauma the baby, uh, it didn't make it."

Jade let the warm tears drip down her face squeezing her eyes tight. Sobs racked her body and Andre realized she wasn't gonna get rid of it, she was gonna keep it, but now it was gone.

Andre leaned over and pulled Jade into his arms, careful of any injuries, but he knew most of them were internal. The doctor mentioned internal bleeding and concussion when he told them about Jade, right before he told them the baby didn't make it. "It'll be a'ight Jade." He tried to comfort her, but he could tell she just wanted to keep crying it out.

Tori walked into the room, saw Andre holding Jade, and slipped back out. A few moments later she returned with Beck. He watched as the love of his life broke down in the arms of his best friend and he knew she was gonna keep it. He let his tears fall. He wanted to rush in, take her from Andre's arms and hold her in his, but he couldn't. They were broken up and it was his fault. He let her walk out the door.

Jade opened her eyes and they met his over Andre's shoulder. He held her gaze for a moment, then she turned and burried her face in Andre's neck.

Tori watched as Andre held Jade, she looked over at Beck and saw how much it was tearing him apart that he couldn't be the one to comfort her. That if he went over there he would only upset her because he broke up with her and he couldn't take it back.

He couldn't hold her. He couldn't kiss her. He couldn't even talk to her.

She hated him, and that tore him to pieces inside. Tori could tell.

Beck finally forced himself to leave the room. Tori quickly followed.

"Beck?" He ignored her and walked down the hall, back to his room.

"Beck-"

"What? What Tori?" He said sitting on his hospital bed, his head in his hand. He rubbed his face and felt his hand become wet. "Jade hates me. Hates. You heard her. And I deserve it."

Tori walked over, knelt down in fron of him, and made him look at her. "You didn't know what was going on with Jade. I'm not gonna say you weren't a jerk, because you were, but you're human and a dumb boy. You can make things right, Beck. You can get Jade back, but right now you and Jade aren't together anymore. Jade needs you, she just lost your baby, and she is clearly upset because of it."

Beck stared into her brown eyes. "T- Tori, what if she won't take me back? What if she wants nothing to do with me? What if she really does hate me?"

"Beck, she doesn't hate you. She loves you, but you hurt her." Tori stated.

Beck sighed in misery. "I know."

"Right now, she needs time, you both do." Tori gave him a small smile. "Jade will forgive you and you two can work it out. I know you can." She reassured him smiling sweetly.

Beck leaned forward and kissed her.

Tori quickly pulled away. "Okay! We, uh, we can't do that! Let's just call that too much morphine and, uh, call it a night!" She rambled nervously as she quickly got up from the ground and backed away from him. "Toodles!"

Beck watched as Tori rushed out the door. He sighed and shook his head. He laid back on the bed and closed his eyes, but it was impossible to sleep without his crazy girl snuggled up next to him and he had already removed his morphine drip when he heard Tori say Jade was awake.