Making A Connection

Jade was laying in her bed, staring up at the ceiling, when her friends came in to see how she was doing. Beck was with them even though Cat didn't want him to come, but they took a vote. Tori and Andre said yes to Beck coming, so did Beck but Cat said his vote shouldn't count. Cat said no. It was up to Robbie to either agree with the girl he loves or do the right thing.

"Hey Jade." Robbie said walking over to the bookshelf since it was a safe distance from her bed. "We're all here to see ya. Even Beck." Robbie gulped when Cat glared over at him. "How, uh, how are you doing?" He stuttered.

"There are 3,645 black circles on my ceiling and 2,506 red ones." She stated keeping hr eyes glued above her.

"Okay, so she's losing it." Andre said making Tori elbow him. "Ouch." He rubbed his arm. "Uh, Jade? Do you wanna take your attention off of the circles and maybe talk to us instead?"

Jade turned towards her wall. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15-"

"What are you doing?" Tori asked as cautiously as possible. Jade kept counting, ignoring her friends. "Jade?"

"-32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40-"

"Jadey? Are you okay?"

"There are 47 indentations in the space between my bed and dresser on this wall." She stated in a monotone.

"Hey, Charlotte Perkins Gilman. Ya wanna come back to us now?" Robbie joked getting looks from the others.

"It does no do to trust people too much." Jade whispered.

"You can trust me, Jadey." Cat pouted.

Beck frowned. "I'm the one she can't trust. I'll just leave." He turned.

"I cry at nothing, and cry most of the time." Robbie said moving away from the bookshelf, closer to her bed.

Beck turned back around and stared in confusion. He watched as Robbie slowly, cautiously, approached her.

Jade slowly turned in her bed until she met Robbie's eyes. "You read it?"

Robbie nodded. "I have. I've read many books about depression and madness. When one is depressed they can easily go mad, but when one is mad no one will see their depression."

"What's that from?" Jade asked sitting up in her bed a little. "I never heard-"

Robbie chuckled a little. "A Robbie Sharpiro song that I will probably never play. It's, uh, it's not finished."

"Can I help? If you want." She offered with a shrug. Her eyes were kind.

Robbie smiled. "That'd be great."

Andre blinked. "What just happened?"

"I think Robbie made a connection with Jade." Tori stated in amusement.

Beck and Cat frowned.

Robbie pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. "It's just a mess right now. A bunch of thoughts I jotted down."

Jade took the paper and accidentally brushed his hand making him blush. "Looks like there's something here."

Robbie grinned. "I think so too."

Beck shook his head and walked out of the room, but Tori followed him.

"Are you serious?" She snapped.

He turned to look at her and sighed. "Jade clearly doesn't want me here."

"Why? Because she is talking to him instead of you? Are you jealous now?"