HEELS--10

"Hafeez, you're here " Zahra muttered standing up

"Yes.... Have we met before? Are you Humaira's friend? He questioned and I looked at Zahra daring her to tell him how he had been the talk of our discussions.

"Ahmm no, I know you on social media and .... And I know your organization which funds for... Ahm...for orphans and "almajiranci" She replied her eyes darting between me and him

"Also I've seen you at L&N when we went for dinner"

He did an "Ohh" then said "Maybe I didn't catch your face that day. Nice to meet you..."

"Zahra. It is nice to meet you too Hafeez. Humaira has— "

"Hafeez please do have a seat and Zahra, please ask the maid to bring refreshments. I will be back in five minutes" I quickly interrupted her knowing she might trail off into somewhere else

She nodded and I raced up the stairs then stopped midway and looked down "And Zahra, don't talk beyond limits"

She rolled her eyes obviously getting what I'm saying and walked towards the kitchen.

I hurried to the bathroom and washed my face, came out and grabbed a gray gown with white stripes before changing into it. I rolled the veil on my head, pinned it and grab my small purse. I put on my shoes and headed out to booming laughter.

"And that's how Humaira had this huge lips like "pomo". She was hilarious, her lips were so huge that it actually looked like a cow's butt" Zahra exclaimed laughing. Hafeez wiped a tear from his eyes as he laughed hard.

I closed my eyes tightly feeling the national embarrassment I just received then opened them to glare at the both of them

Didn't I just told this young lady not to speak beyond limits?

"Hahahaha Zahra, very very funny" I muttered sarcastically ascending down the stairs

"Couuzzz" She grinned sheepishly and I rolled my eyes

"Let's go hafeez" I muttered and he nodded standing up

"Goodbye Zahra for now, we have to meet again, these stories are hilarious" Hafeez said looking over too me and I raised a brow at him.

"Of course. I have loads of them" she replied and I gritted my teeth then said "If mami comes back, tell her I'm out with Hafeez"

Zahra smiled a mischievous smile as we both know what mami will think then she said

"Yes I will. Have fun and avoid getting big lips again"

"Ohh shut up" I yelled stomping my feet as I walked out of the house with a laughing hafeez trailing behind.

___________________________________

"It's so beautiful" I muttered mouth agape as we passed through the hefty gates of the orphanage with the inscription of H.S ORPHANAGE and beneath it the motto of ( Raised and shall Rise as a phoenix)

"Why a phoenix? I asked turning to see Hafeez looking at me

"Because a phoenix is a legendary bird and just like it, I want this orphanage to be legendary" He turned to me and I laughed then muttered "Cheesy"

He laughed and added in a serious tone "And the fact that it burns itself to produce a new version of itself is a more matured way to say we sometimes hurt to produce a better version of us. So no matter what hardship we endure, the end will always be okay"

"Woah" I breath out laughing. "You are a better writer than I am" I added and he rolled his eyes

"Are you kidding. You are, the Humaira and yes I got this name from one of your poem"