HEELS--17

"You should finish this food Khadeejah" Mama scolded as the twins both laughed at their sister's frowned face.

Their family is a family of five . After Baba, Mama, the first born is Firdaus who is married with two kids, then Aliyu who is in Police academy, Khadeejah and then the twins Ameer and Ammar. I met Baba just twice as he's not someone who stays home but even he made me feel like I'm home, the whole family did. I finally started feeling comfortable and realized all the anxieties I was having of coming were of no point.

"I'll head upstairs Mama, I need to call Maami" I said standing up and taking my plate to the kitchen

"Okay Humaira. Goodnight"

"Goodnight Addah Humaira" The twins said in unison. Sometimes it's very creepy how they even think of the same thing.

"Good night" I replied smiling at them

I took my plate to the kitchen, washed headed upstairs to call Maami. This is the part of the day I'm always looking forward to. Seeing Maami, Zainab and My Grandmother is a full time joy.

"Hello Maami" I said excitedly as her face came into view

"Hello Humaira, how are you?

"I'm good Alhamdulillah. How are you, how's Zainab and Grandmother?

"They are all good. How's the weather?

"The weather is literally roasting me alive"

"You could say that again. Yola feels like oven" She laughed adjusting her scarf.

"You have added weight Maami" I teased with a smirk

"Oh please, i didn't add any weight. I'm okay the way I am" She replied sending me a glare just as the door banged open and Zainab came in. The look on Maamis face was enough for me to be grateful I wasn't the one who came in.

"But I did" zainab shouted hopping on the bed Grandma have been feeding me all sort of things. Adderh Humaira do you know something called "dinya? "

"Of course I do Zainab"

"Well I ate and ate and ate lots of them" She said

"And how did your stomach respond to that? I asked and she rolled her eyes

"Only you have an abnormal stomach Adderh"

"Shut up" Maami scolded her with a slap behind her head "Now go, shoo" She added dragging her off the bed. Begrudgingly, she stomped her way out with Maami promising to knock her for stomping her feet.

"So Humaira" Maami said in a questioning tone

"Yes Maami"

"Any progress or step backs in the company?

"I really don't know Maami. You know I'm starting exams so I was reading. But days back I went to the company twice but couldn't meet the manager. Though I haven't seen any step backs"

"Ohh. Do try speaking to your uncle about it. I want to know if I need to come over"

"Okay Insha Allah I will. He's always not at home though"

"Find time to talk to him"

"Okay" I said stuffing a yawn "I'm sleepy Maami, goodnight"

Mami nodded "Goodnight. Pray before you sleep"

"I will"

I ended the video call with a smile and moved back to what I was working on. After making sure the essay was coming good, I saved it and shut the system down. After brushing my teeth, I came out to meet Khadeejah walking in and speaking on her phone with whom I'm guessing is her best friend Ameerah.