HEELS--2

"Ohh girl how I missed you" Intisaar said the minute her face came into view and I rolled my eyes

"Inti you saw me yesterday. We met in school to read for the upcoming test"

"I know. I'm just mimicking a character I watched recently. Her catch phrase is "Ohh girl, how I missed you!" She said

"That's the worst catch phrase I've ever heard"

She waved me off and said "That reminds me, Maimai did remember the girl you once helped?

I furrowed my brows ignoring the name she just called me with.

"No I don't. I didn't exactly help one girl my whole life"

"Ohh shut up. Remember Amina, the girl with lupus whom you helped get free medication from Nisa hospital" Intisaar said and I "Ohh-ed"

There was a girl I came across who had lupus. I found time to meet her even though she lives in Kano, we talked and she shared all her experiences with me. After our meeting, I wrote an article on that. The article went viral considering the illness was quite rare and after a few months, NISA hospital saw the article and messaged me.

They were able to meet and talk with her and they promised to be giving her free medication for a whole year and so she moved into her aunt's here in Abuja and has been going to receive treatment ever since.

Her health has been improving ever since and we have all being happy about that.

"What happened to her? I asked and Intisaar smiled before sitting up

"She's getting married" She shouted bouncing up and down while I looked at her wryly

"Really? I asked in a shocked voice "But she hasn't told me"

At this point, I was really upset.

Inti looked at me then said "Well about that, she told me she sent you a message and even left you a comment on your site. She even called.

I looked at my laptop that sits beside then looked back at Intisaar "When?

Intisar shrugged "Not sure but I think earlier today"

Realisation dawned on me and I smiled sheepishly "Well both my laptop and phone had been switched off actually. I just turned my phone on now. I have been half reading and half daydreaming"

Inti gave me an annoyed look and heavily sighed

"So where is she? I asked grabbing my laptop and turning it on

"She is in Abuja obviously. Her medication stops next month"

"Isn't she going back to Kano? I asked with furrowed brows

"She is but she's having a little get together for her people here"

"I see. So when is it ? I asked leaning in

"Later in the day around 4:00pm"

"Are the girls going?

"No. Yusrah is reading for a test and juju is going for a check up"

I shook my head "Of course they will bail out on a wedding event"

"You will swear there is a shark that appears at events waiting for them. Anyways the theme is blue and black, don't be late"

" Yes yes I won't. And blue and black? Why not something else"

Intisar glared "It is a good combination plus if you had picked her call, you would have suggested another theme"