blood-soaked bikini

I was on holiday in the Caribbean with my dad and his family. My period had come the day before, which is suckish in itself, but something even worse had to go and happen. I had literally just put a super-sized tampon in whilst in the bathroom at the beach, and I was sunbathing in a bikini. My sister then comes up screaming at me about a crab by the pool so I get up and go to look. I'm just standing around waiting for the security guys to come take away this crab, when I turn around and look behind me (checking for leaks). Of course, there is a giant red patch. So, I sprint to the bathroom and just sit on the toilet for like 10 minutes crying my eyes out. As in, WHY ME?! I then get up AND RUN AS FAST AS MY LITTLE LEGS CAN CARRY ME.

Thank god I was at a resort where there was the beach, then a little further up was the pool, then as the hill goes up there are loads of apartments. However, my apartment happened to be at the very top of the hill and I obviously wasn't going to get a shuttle because...well ya know. So I run like crazy WITH NO SHOES AND ONLY A BLOOD-SOAKED BIKINI ON and pound my fist on the door (for once I was glad that my little sister was ill so my step-mum had to stay at the apartment). She takes FOREVER to come to the door and I run past her screaming "FEMALE EMERGENCY". She talks to me through the bathroom door saying stuff like "Don't worry. This isn't the sort of thing people talk about if they saw, let alone laugh." Thanks.

I jump in the shower and try to wash out my bikini, still crying. I step out to hang my bikini up on the light by the mirror...and look down. Of course, I have leaked onto the WHITE bath mat. I break down into tears again, and stuff the bath mat into the back of the cupboard so the cleaning lady won't find it. It stays there for the next 2 weeks.

A/N: do guys ever have your period at the same time as people close to you?