8

There's nothing to say, nothing to do.
I've nothing to give.
I must live without you!
You know we're heading separate ways.

The morning was always wiser than the evening and Renesmee was fully aware of that. Despite that, she had deprived herself of a much-needed nap to do yoga and to clear her mind. She needed to detox, feeling she had spent too much time with Jacob. It all felt bizarre to her. A couple of months earlier, she would have enjoyed his company without absolutely any doubt.

Not anymore. Things had changed rapidly ever since they had begun this pseudo-relationship.

Poor Jacob! Love had blinded him to the point he couldn't even tell the obvious! His comrades were beginning to see through his girlfriend's lies and had attempted multiple times to warn him, believing Renesmee was manipulating him somehow to take advantage of him. If only they knew how she truly felt, for sure they would take back every bad word they had said behind her back.

At the same time, Renesmee deserved nothing but the worst. Who was she to toy around with people's feelings? Had she no mercy? Had she no shame? Who had brought her up? Animals? Soulless monsters?

In the living room, the family had gathered to spend some quality time. However, Renesmee was late, which was unusual for her. She was always too early for everything, insisting she needed extra time to herself to get a grip of herself - a habit she had developed from the days she had needed to have her anxiety treated.

Carlisle was slowly shaking his head in disapproval, while Edward's lips had formed a thin line. Bella had lightly squeezed her husband's hand, controlling her breathing at the same time, a habit from her human days.

Rosalie wanted nothing more but for her only niece to grow up and realize what she was doing was terribly wrong. Not that everyone else didn't want the same either.

As soon as Renesmee took her seat in the family room, her father opened his mouth, not afraid of being firm:

"Young lady, I think this sick theatre spectacle that you've been playing for the past couple of months needs to stop."

Renesmee stuck out her chin, looking him straight in the eyes, "I don't understand what you mean."

The hybrid's baffling behaviour caused her aunt Alice to jump from where she was sitting and screech in her face, "This! Everything that you do!"

Renesmee was having a hard time comprehending why her family was sticking their nose wherever they wanted to. She wouldn't do any of that to them, so why were they doing it to her? Was it because she was the youngest of the family? At that moment, she was dumb not to realize how much her family was worried about her wellbeing. And Jacob's, as much as some of them (mainly Rosalie) refused to admit.

"Stop with this hiding, Renesmee! What are you trying to achieve?", Bella's voice pierced the silence, saying what everyone had wanted to but had failed to.

Renesmee could feel the anger rising in her. She began playing with her bracelet and focusing on her breathing, like her uncle Jasper had taught her, to prevent an attack. She knew it was too late. Her father could read her mind. It was all in vain. Her secrets would never stay as such. No matter what she said at that moment would mean nothing, would blend in with the voices in the room that she failed to understand. To her, it felt like nothing more than background noise, as she was attempting to focus her mind on everything else, simply not the tension in the room. She wished she could open the window and jump out of it. It wasn't like she was going to get injured.

The voices never stopped. No silence. Simply yelling. When would it ever stop? Would it stop, at all?

At that moment, Renesmee collapsed on the ground in tears of anger and confusion.