12

And it feels like I am just too close to love you!
So I'll be on my way!

Isabella Cullen was shedding vampire tears in disbelief in her daughter's bedroom, having just discovered her note. How could Renesmee leave abruptly? Couldn't she have taken responsibility for her actions?

The rest of the family had expected for her to break, seeing through her lies. Not that Bella hadn't noticed any signs, but she had never thought to leave would ever cross her daughter's mind. She had always been so obedient, the perfect child.

Dear... whoever is reading this pathetic note of mine,

I decided to leave because I couldn't stay in Forks any longer. Hell, I couldn't stay anywhere where he, you-know-who, was. I couldn't even sit an inch away from him, guilt eating me alive.

Why didn't I speak up sooner?

I was afraid.

All I wanted was for us to stay friends forever. Alas he had other plans.

He wanted to marry me. To name his daughter after his deceased mother. To teach her how to lead the pack.

I wanted none of that.

I am young. I deserve to see the world. I've been locked in a cage since birth. I'm like an artifact in a museum - can be seen but can't escape. An attraction.

I can't stay in a place where I feel unsafe, unable to be myself.

I believe I deserve better.

Don't come after me. I need time. Whenever I am fully ready, I will come. Or invite you over.

Tell Jacob that it's my fault and I shouldn't have lead him to believe nonsense.

Goodbye.

"Why?", Bella cried in desperation, "Why?"

No one could touch her. Not even Edward. Everybody was frozen in shock. They prayed it was simply a prank and that their dearest Renesmee would turn back later, safe and sound.

Alas... no.

*

The night wind was blowing Renesmee's hair in her face. She regretted not tieing it beforehand.

The train station was surprisingly full. Then again, it was Friday - late at night. People were going home in the towns nearby or going to visit relatives or friends.

No one was paying attention to the college-aged woman with only a backpack and a visibly distressed face. They were too busy chatting between each other. An elderly woman was complaining how her children rarely visited and now she was the one who always had to visit.

Renesmee shook her head. What kind of relatives were they? She would never do such thing to her own grandfather. Especially when she discovered herself. He would be the first one to know.

She waited and waited until the train that would take her far away came after what seemed eternity. And when she settled down her backpack and sat comfortably, she plugged her earphones and blasted the all-so-familiar song that had saved her life, feeling ready to discover herself and the world around her.

So I'll be on my way...

THE END