[Relationship Origins] Calculester Hewlett-Packard

- Calculester may not have the same kind of feelings as everyone else, but he certainly does feel something.

- AKA, he expresses his love for you in the only way he knows how: through affection in his virtual reality.

- He acts like he looked up 'how to act like a good boyfriend' and has based all his interactions on that and that alone

- He's trying his best to figure out emotions and you know what? He's cute while doing it.

-

Off school grounds, Calculester had his own greenhouse. He insisted it was the best way for him to take care of all his plants fairly and in a timely matter. Ever since he and ______ had gotten closer, ______ would come over after school and help him take care of the plants. He appreciated it, and it made him happy that they were taking in interest in the things he liked. However, today as they took care of his plants, there was a question on his mind that he couldn't seem to shake. Eventually he gave in and turned to ______, hoping they'd be able to provide the answer. "______, may I ask you a personal question?"

______ turned to him with a smile after they finished watering a plant. "Sure, what's on your mind, Cal?"

"Does it bother you at all that we are seeking a relationship and I still don't really know how to express love?" Calculester asked, only getting through the first part of his question. "Additionally, does it bother you to have a boyfriend like me, a computer who's unsure if they can ever truly feel any emotions?"

______ had an answer already prepared. They always had a feeling that this would come up, so they were ready to answer it. "The very fact that you're asking that proves that you feel something, Calculester. You wouldn't worry that you're not a good boyfriend if you didn't care about my feelings. The very fact that you want my opinion on how I feel about you shows that you care about my opinion because something is there. Am I wrong?"

Calculester went silent as he worked out the logic for himself. If worry = caring for ______ and caring for ______ = feeling emotions towards them, that means that worry = feeling emotions! As far as Calculester could tell, the logic was adding up. He hummed, and ______ swear she heard a bell sound effect when he was content with the answer. "Then I guess I just have one last question for you, friend ______."

"Shoot, Cal."

"Would you like to be romantic partner in an official relationship?" Calculester asked, a smile coming up on his screen. It was clear that it took a lot of thought and planning for him to finally much up the ability to ask.

"I'd love to be your partner, Cal," ______ told him. Even though _______ knew he couldn't feel it, she took his hand and squeezed it.

Calculester's screen just turned into a more excited face in return. "Does that mean I get to do traditional relationship things with you now?" he asked, perhaps happily. "If I could get you hooked up to my Virtual Reality again, then perhaps we'll be able to go out on the best date that I can reasonably install into my hardware!"

______ blushed, thinking about the last time that Calculester invited them into his virtual reality. It was certainly interesting to calibrate all the versions of him in such an... explicit way, but a cute date sounded better than anything right now. "That would make me really happy."

"I think that would make me happy too," Calculester told _______. "I guess I can find that out with your help."