[Bullied for Weight] Miranda Vanderbilt

AN: Sorry about the brief, unexpected hiatus. I went on a trip, and it was my partner's birthday, so I got a little busy. However, updating will now return to normal!

-

-          She found out after overhearing someone in class.

-          Miranda doesn't understand why anyone would make fun of another person based off their body type.

-          All she knows is that someone putting down the person she loves over something silly like that is infuriating.

-

The second Miranda heard someone say it, she wanted to lock them up in the iron maiden. She wasn't paying attention in class at all, spacing off and half-listening to the teacher when she heard her own name in someone else's conversation.

" ... who knew a mermaid princess would date a whale like them ..."

Miranda wanted to make a scene, she wanted to turn right around and commit murder, but she couldn't get any more detention or else Principal Giant Spider was going to suspend her. So, instead, she just sat there, thinking about ______. Why would anyone care about _______'s body type, anyways? They weren't the ones dating them, and besides, it was such a trivial thing to worry about.

The second class ended, Miranda looked around the room to try to identify the voice of the person slandering her love, but they were nowhere to be seen. ______ walked into the classroom, surprised to see Miranda still standing there instead of waiting out in the hallway for them like usual. They knew the look in her eyes, she was pissed. "Miranda, sweetie, what's wrong?" they asked, trying to snap her out of an anger-induced trance.

Miranda looked at them, not so much with anger still in her eyes as with passion. However, ______ was still worried, seeing as Miranda could get very passionate about things like genocide and murder. "I just heard someone slander you and I over something ridiculous!" she exclaimed. "I wanted to find whoever said it, but they disappeared before I could see them."

Upon hearing that someone was hurting Miranda's name, ______ got into the same kind of mindset and matched her level. "What? What kinds of things are there to even say about you that are bad? Miranda, you're wonderful."

"They were making fun of me for dating you! Can you imagine? Making fun of someone just because they're dating someone of a different body type..." Miranda stopped speaking and trailed off once she saw the color drain from ______'s face, and they just stood there silently for a moment. "_______? Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

______ looked down, speaking in a low voice. "I didn't want them to bring you into this, I didn't want you to know," they mumbled.

"Know what?" Miranda asked, her tone sympathetic. Inside of her, there was a swirling ball of rage beginning to build.

"It's nothing, Miranda. Just forget about what you heard, it's not about you, it's about me."

"Well, anything someone says against you is against me too. We're in this together, and whoever's been making you upset is going to get some capital punishment," Miranda took their hand, tilting their head up and smiling at them. "I just want you to be happy, you can tell me anything, okay?"

______ silently nodded, beginning to tell Miranda the truth. "Recently... there's been a group of monsters who keep mocking me for my weight. It's really starting to get to me, and... I don't know. Maybe they're right, maybe I should just-"

Miranda put a finger over their mouth, cutting them off. "Not another word, _______. I will not stand here and listen to you self-deprecate. You're gorgeous, ______! You're perfect the way you look, and I love every single part of you, every single inch. There's nothing about you that's not to love, alright? Nothing. I'm going to personally execute anyone who says otherwise."

______ fought off choking up in front of Miranda. "Really?"

"Really. No one hurts my darling and gets away with it," Miranda smiled, leaning over and kissing their cheek. "Now, I want names. Any preference on who I start on?"

I love her so much, _______ thought, walking out of the classroom with her arm around theirs.