[Being Shy] Polly Geist

-          Polly is shameless when she's drunk, but when she's sober, she's a little more mellow.

-          Ever since she really fell for you, she's acted a little more mellow in terms of sex talk.

-          It's not that it's not on her mind as much anymore, it's more that she's worried about your reaction to her amount of... experience.

-          She doesn't want to act out and end up embarrassing you, and although you adore her and tell her not to worry about it, she worried about it anyways.

-

Polly, lately, had decided to start drinking less. That, to Polly, meant drinking at least three times a day, but no more than ten times, unless she was at a party. You could take Polly away from a party, but you couldn't take the party out of Polly. ______ had asked her if, that weekend, she wanted to go out with them and meet a few of her friends who didn't go to Spooky High. Polly had agreed, but when the day came, something seemed... off.

The first thing ______ noticed when Polly decided to show up at their door at 3 AM was that she was just a little buzzed. She wasn't as drunk as she would be after coming back from a party, and she was coherent. The second thing she noticed is that Polly was almost uncharacteristically upset. "Can I come in?" she asked, throwing ______ off.

"Yes, of course you can," they moved aside, letting the ghost into her house. "Is there something wrong, Polly? I thought you weren't going to be here until 5. At night. It's 3 AM."

"I hadn't noticed," Polly remarked, sitting down on ______'s couch. "I just got out of a party; I didn't really want to wake up half my roommates trying to break in since I think I lost my keys. Can I stay the night?"

"I told you that you're always welcome here, Polly," ______ told her, sitting down next to the ghost. "I'm surprised you were at a party, you're... not as drunk as I would've expected."

"I'm meeting your friends tomorrow."

"What does that matter?"

"I didn't want to have a massive hangover when I met them, I didn't want to..." Polly trailed off, thinking about her words. "Forget it."

______ had a feelings they knew what this was about. Polly had asked them a while ago if they ever felt embarrassed when they were taking care of Polly when she was drunk. She was worried about the relationship feeling more like ______ had to take care of Polly rather than romance. She had also asked if ______ was embarrassed by Polly's sexual history. The answer to both was no, ______ cared about Polly, and it didn't stop them from adoring her in any state she's in. ______ sighed. "Are you worried again?"

Polly was caught off guard. "What do you mean?"

Oh shit, she asked all of that when she was drunk, ______ thought, thinking if Polly even remembered asking. "Do you remember telling me you were worried about how I was seen with you?"

"I asked that?" Polly asked, putting her head in her hands. "I'm not usually an emotional drunk, you weren't supposed to hear all that. I'm fine."

"Polly, if you want to talk about it, it's fine," ______ told her, moving closer to her. "I'll tell you the same thing I told you before: just be who you are. That's the reason I started dating you, I adore you for who you are. You don't have to pretend to be someone else."

Polly looked over at ______, and they noticed her skin slightly tinting. "I don't want your friends to think you're dating someone who doesn't have any more depth beyond getting drunk, partying and having wild sex."

"I don't even think of you that way, Polly. I see you as sweet, caring, you're funny, you know how to have a good time, you're smart, you know how to cheer me up. Everything else if just your hobbies, and they don't make me think any less of you. If someone else thinks it's wrong, fuck them. Not literally, though. Fuck me. Not them."

Polly laughed, then leaned out and hugged ______. "Thank you, ______."

______ hugged her back, rubbing circles on her back carefully, a smile on her face. "I care about you, Polly. Never worry about something like that."

Polly suddenly pushed ______ back so they were laying on the couch, Polly straddling them. "Now, I hope you were serious about that last part..." she trailed off, smiling. ______ wouldn't trade nights like this for the world.