[Being Shy] Liam de Lioncourt

-          It's easier to get Liam to be shy than you'd think. If you know more obscure trivia than he does, and it's something he claims to know a lot about, than you've won his heart and also flustered him.

-          He feels like he has to know everything before everyone else, so when you know more than he does and try to talk to him about it, sometimes he's too shy to admit it and pretends to know.

-          Sometimes, it works out for him and no one can tell the difference. Other times, he fails. Miserably.

-          It's hard for him to admit when he's wrong about something obscure.

-

The topic of choice for Liam's speech in class was simple: killers. It was vague, but it gave him a lot of room to talk about all the killers in history he found fascinating. The two of them were at his place the night before, and he was rehearsing his speech to ______ before the fact. It made him feel better when they heard it first and gave him any feedback. After all, they were the only one who's opinions Liam actually cared about. He thought they had excellent taste.

After nearly twenty minutes, Liam finished off his speech. He smiled smugly, proud of the way everything came together and the flawless way that he delivered the speech. "So, ______, what do you think?"

"It's a really good speech, Liam. No notes on your delivery, but I think there's a lot of interesting facts and cases that you left out. There's so much fascinating history about thrill killing, especially Leopold and Loeb's story, you know?"

Liam just mentioned the pair in passing, to be honest. Nothing about what he knew about their story really stuck out to him, they seemed like run-of-the-mill kidnappers and murderers. However, there had to be something more if _______ was talking about it. Not wanting to risk looking like he didn't know, he just shrugged. "I didn't think that the pair would catch people's attention," he casually stated. Maybe that was enough to get off the subject so he could investigate it more later.

However, this seemed to be a topic that ______ was very interested in. "A whole Off-Broadway musical would disagree with you," they started. "You know, it's just fascinating to me, the whole agreement that they had. It seems surreal that they made an agreement like that during that time period, when they could easily get killed just for mentioning it. They didn't just embrace it, they used it against each other. How sick is that?"

I have no idea what they're talking about, Liam realized horribly. There's a musical about them? Why would anyone write a historical musical about thrill killers unless they had a lot of interesting information and hidden depth? That's when Liam definitely knew that he was missing out on something about them. However, he wasn't about to give in. "The agreement was their downfall," Liam muttered.

This time, ______ was the one who was taken aback. "No one knew about it until after they were caught, Liam," their eyes narrowed, and they had a feeling that Liam didn't know as much as he was letting on. "Liam, would you mind repeating their agreement for me?"

Liam paused, and his face started to flush. "I mean, of course I can! Not word for word, but it was that..." he trialed off.

"You don't know, do you?"

Liam's face felt like boiling water at this point. "Okay, I don't know. I really don't."

______ smiled. "I know something you don't, and on something you're researching too!" they exclaimed happily. "Let me bask in this for a moment. This never happens. I know more than Liam about obscure killers."

"Okay, just please tell me, I'm dying to know now," Liam started. Now that the moment happened, there was no point avoiding it.

"The agreement was that is Loeb helped Leopold, Leopold would keep letting Loeb go down on him," ______ stated simply. "He wanted to be thrilled."

Liam looked down. "So, on top of being the first thrill killers, they have a gay sub-plot?" Liam asked. "How did I not know this?"

"You have to want to know to know," ______ shrugged. "Now, why don't you thrill me any put that in your speech?"

Liam looked over at them and smiled, his smug expression returning. "Gladly."