[Jealousy] Liam de Lioncourt

-          Oh, Liam firmly denies ever getting jealous. Jealousy is for those who know they're uncool.

-          However, there are certain times you've gone out on dates and gotten hit on by people Liam feels less than.

-          He usually leaves these places, claiming they're lame, when really, he just can't stand to see you get a lot of attention from those who aren't worthy of you.

-

Obscure 80s/90s trivia nights were when Liam was at his most powerful. He knew those eras like the back of his hand, so when one of his favorite low-key cafes were holding a trivia night for the early-90s movie Career Opportunities. It was one of the overlooked romance movies of the decade, which meant it was one of Liam's favorites on obscurity alone.

______ decided to dress a little nicer for the occasion since they knew it was a pretty exclusive café with a non-verbal dress code. Liam lived by it, but ______ had to adjust their style a bit to fit into it. They ended up wearing a beanie, a hoodie with a band that no one's heard of on it (the band was fake, but that's none of your business!), a dark-wash jean-jacket and corduroy pants to match, cuffed and worn with boots. Liam couldn't help but stare at them in the completed outfit, his jaw would drop if it wasn't held up by his pride. "Like what you see?" ______ teased him.

"You should dress like this more often," Liam told them, taking their arm in his. "Ready to go, ______?"

"Of course," ______ told him, and they were off to the café. It was reached by first going to a popular ice cream place, heading out the back way and sliding down an alley for a minute before reaching the door to "Lost and Found," aka, the café. As soon as they walked in, Liam knew it was busier than usual. There was even a total of five people here tonight, and just Liam's luck, he recognized a certain vampire, Stine.

Stine was a wanna-be hipster vampire who used to follow Liam around and copy his every move. Then, because Stine fit the more conventional look of a 'beautiful vampire' he got attention and rose out of obscurity, which is not hipster. He profited from being a fake hipster. Things with he and Liam didn't end well after Liam made a scalding blog post about phony hipsters. Stine smiled at ______, looking past Liam completely. "You look like a person in need of a quarter," Stine said with an excruciating impression on his voice.

"Excuse me?" ______ asked. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"He's just quoting the movie," Liam told them, taking a step closer to them. "The scene were Josie was riding the mechanical horse."

"Liam De Lioncourt, is that really you?" Stine asked, a dumb smile on hid face. Liam could feel the inauthenticity. "Didn't really expect you to be the kind of person to show up to a trivia night."

"When it's about one of my favorite movies, how could I resist?" Liam asked, not returning the smile. He turned to ______, hoping they'd save him from this awkward situation. "Do you want to grab a seat?"

"Oh, sure," ______ said.

"Can I join you two?" Stine asked.

______ hated being confrontational, and Liam wasn't ready to tell the guy to screw off yet, so for the next half an hour, Stine and Liam were having a 'friendly competition' at the movie trivia. Stine was great at remembering exact numbers, but Liam knew more about the actors and history of the movie more than anyone else. It was half-way through the quiz when Stine found a better way to get under Liam's skin than beating him at 90s trivia. He turned to ______, his charm turned up all the way. He's given up on the quiz. "So, A Heart Between Voids. How'd you feel about their latest album?"

______ knew right away Stine was talking about their shirt, and it was clear he had no idea it was fake. "I'm not really sure, I've heard really mixed reviews. How about you?"

"Well, the second track is unbeatable," Stine looked over at Liam, who was trying to focus harder on the trivia to ignore the conversation but was failing. "You and I should have a listening party sometime. It'd be worth another listen to their entire discography. Are you free anytime this weekend?"

Liam turned over to _______, not enjoying the fact that Stine had been low-key flirting this whole night and now just flat-out asked them on a date in front of him. "______, I think this trivia is too easy. I should've known better than to trust another trivia night. Want to get out of here?" he asked, reaching over and grabbing their arm affectionately. "I think we can better spend out night actually laying in bed and watching Career Opportunities."

"I agree. Stine, you have fun listening to A Heart Between Voids. Better yet, look up their merch. Maybe you'll find something to match," ______ said with a smirk, leaving the café.

Liam turned to them when they got outside. "He had no idea the band was fake, did he?"

"It's funny to see him try," ______ told Liam, leaning in and kissing him. "Especially when he was sitting across the only one in my world I care about."