Chapter 14: The Death Stone

"Where the hell do you think Spikescale is?" Nicholas asked the group. They were silently walking through the pine forest, the wind was abnormally calm because Galebreeze didn't have the stone. Ericka had earbuds in and was watching something on her phone. Nicholas slyly sped up to see what she was watching. And he suddenly wished he didn't. They were videos from the news app, security tapes of the massive Werewolf breaking into houses and malls, slaughtering hundreds, leaving thousands injured. Nicholas noticed that she was silently crying, tears streaming down her cheeks. Nicholas grabbed her open hand and held it tightly. She looked over at him, he gave her a slight smile and she returned it. She turned off her phone, took off her earbuds, shoved it into her pocket and hugged him.

"We'll get through this," She said, "together." he said. Drac and Zoey looked at them, confused,

"Um...did we miss something?" Drac asked. They broke apart,

"That was nothing." She mumbled, "we should go find Spikescale." She started walking off ahead of them. They all jogged to catch up with her.

"Well...where do you think he is?" Zoey asked, "what's a place with lots of paranormal activity?"

Nicholas asked, "Why?"

"Because the god of death would be in his own realm and a place with paranormal activity may help open a portal to that realm." Zoey explained,

"Man I have a smart girlfriend!" Nicholas said.

"Damn right." Drac complimented.

Zoey blushed, "well..you got any ideas?"

"How about Savannah." Ericka suggested.

"Savannah?" Zoey echoed.

"Yeah, Savannah Georgia," Ericka continued, "it's one of the most haunted places in the u.s."

"Worth a shot." Nicholas said, and they flew off.

When they got to Savannah, it was dark. "We could have gotten here sooner if Nicholas didn't stop for a bathroom break!" Zoey accused.

"Whoa! Whoa! WHOA! I REALLY had to GO." Nicholas said back.

"Or DID you?" She questioned. They were about to break into a full scale argument, when Ericka intervened.

"OK! BREAK IT UP!!" She said, pushing them apart, "don't let your anger get the best of you."

Zoey sighed, "Yeah..your right."

"Let's get moving!" Drac said, and they started to walk. Ten minutes later they spotted the Pirate's house.

"We should try there." Zoey said.

"Um..It looks creepy." Nicholas observed.

"So WHAT...SCAREDY CAT!!" She teased.

"I'm NOT a SCAREDY CAT!" He protested.

"Then let's go." She said. He slowly followed them to the door. Zoey reached to open the door, but it opened by itself with an ominous CREEEAK! They walked into the rickety tavern.

"This place looks...old." Nicholas said.

"You think." Zoey replied. They walked to the back of the tavern to find a locked door,

"Stand back!" Drac announced, before kicking the door open. The basement was creeper than the first floor. The steps creaked with every step. The basement was also bigger than the main floor. They heard ghostly whispers all around.

"Umm.. Nicholas? Can you read that chant now?" Zoey asked in a small voice.

"Y-Y-Yep." Nicholas stuttered, fumbling out his phone.