3 - i think he knows

Beam fidgeted and didn't know where to focus his eyes to. Why of all days would Forth show up like this?

"I knew it was you. It's a good thing that I came back. Why are you sitting here alone?" Forth asked.

Beam glanced and nods at the car as an answer.

"May I?" Forth points at the vehicle.

Another nod came from Beam.

"It doesn't look good. Have you called this in?" He said upon close inspection.

"I did but they said it will take them an hour before they get here." Beam responded meekly while staring down at his shoes.

"I'll wait with you."

Beam's face had lit up but he tried to hide it as soon as it did.

"I.. I'm okay. Y-you don't have to." He told Forth.

"But I want to." Forth insisted.

"It's about to get dark. I can't leave you here by yourself." He added.

It wasn't the dark that Beam was worried about. It was the little electric shock he can feel inside his chest.

Beam didn't show any resistance and Forth took it as a sign that he was being allowed to stay.

The two sat on the street beside each other in total silence. Beam would glance at Forth and when their gaze would met he would look away.

'Now he probably thinks I'm looking at him. I mean I was but I was just looking to see if he was looking at me.' Beam thought.

Forth moved an inch closer, his elbows accidentally touching Beam's.

Beam felt the electricity surged through out his body. He caught Forth looking at him and this time their eyes lingered. Forth licked his own lips and Beam stopped breathing from seeing it.

The incoming headlights had broken any tension that was building up and Beam could only thank them the moment they arrived.

There were a few reminders that Beam was given by the auto repair staff before they towed his car and disappeared into the horizon.

As it gets dark the numbers of cars passing by progressively gets low.

Forth stood beside Beam who keeps glancing between him and the road ahead.

"You can go Forth. I'll just.. uhh.. wait for a taxi."

"Beam we both know taxis are very hard to come by at this hour. Let me take you home." Forth suggested.

There were a lot of things running through Beam's mind. Should he let Forth take him home? Will he end up inside a highly secured house tied up again? There are no seatbelts in that motorbike so he has too touch Forth.

"I can manage on my own." Beam said smiling dismissively at Forth.

Almost forty five minutes had passed and Beam was now close to losing his patience. Forth was casually leaning in his bike and just watching Beam.

Beam felt a tap on his shoulders. He looked over to see Forth with an apologetic smile.

"Come on.. I'll take you home." He said in a very low and gentle voice.

He nodded to Forth. Defeated and a little bit exhausted, Beam decided to accept the offer.

'He's just taking me home. Calm down.' Beam tells himself..

With the helmet in his hands, Forth placed it on Beam's head carefully. Also making sure that it was secured before hopping on in his motorbike.

Beam was left dumfounded. That little gesture from Forth had made his heart beat slow and fast at the same time.

"Hey Beam? Hop on. I promise I won't speed up like I used to." Forth assured him thinking he was scared and hesitant.

Beam sat at the back of the motorbike trying to put distance between him and Forth as much as he can.

"Beam you might fall off or we might get unbalanced if you're that far from me." Forth warned him as he starts the motorbike.

But that's exactly what Beam was afraid of, to fall.

Left with no choice he closed the gap between them. His chest slightly touching Forth's back. Beam prayed for Forth not to feel his chest pounding.

"Beam.. Hold on to me.." Forth instructed in a whisper.

His hands reluctantly grasp on the hem of Forth's shirt. His eyes shut as the motorbike slowly gains it's rush. True to his word Forth was driving at a normal speed. Beam hasn't been on a motorbike for years. He almost forgot how exhillirating it was.

He gave Forth a few directions on where his house was located and it took them no less than thirty minutes to arrive.

Forth parked the motorbike in front of the gate and waited for Beam to get off and hand him the helmet.

"W-would you like to come in for a bit? I can cook a quick dinner to thank you." Beam offered to show his gratitude towards Forth. He's been nothing but kind to him today.

Forth eagerly nodded with a surprised smile on his lips.

"Okay.."