5 - i need you now

Beam burst through the hospital doors.

Catching his breath, his mind raced in anxiousness and total panic.

Thirty minutes ago he had received an alarming call from his parents that his younger brother was being rushed into the hospital. The car he was driving had flipped and then crashed at a center island in the highway.

Beam was angry and worried at his brother. 

He saw his parents on the lobby just outside the emergency room of the hospital. His mother was crying and his father was trying his best to stay calm. He hugged both of them and as he tried to comfort his mom.

Beam had called Kit and Pha for support and they had promised to immediately visit him as soon as they can. For his own reason Beam had felt like he needed Forth with him. 

He needed Forth to embrace him and to tell him that it's all going to be okay. That there was nothing to worry about, that his brother was going to be alright.

Beam didn't know how to reach Forth. He doesn't have any means to contact him. Whatever he felt against Forth he was willing to trade it for his presence right now.

He and his parents sat in silence. Awaiting any word from the doctors. The deafening silence was broken by his mom's phone, ringing.

He watched as his mother answer it. 

"How much?" She asked the speaker on the other line.

A sudden devastation etched on her face. She turned pale from what she had heard. She grasp the arms of Beam's father for support as she ended the call.

"Ma? What is it? Who called you?" Beam asked seeing that his mother was obviously in distress.

She couldn't speak. Beam ran to the cafeteria and fetched a bottle of water for his parents.

"Ma try to calm down and tell us what's happening. You're scaring me." 

She gulped down the water and tried her best to soothe her nerves which Beam can see that she was failing to do so. She broke down into a cry.

"Your brother's s-sponsor called. They want us to pay for the damages." She answered.

Beam got even more enraged. Why would they decide to call them and demand to pay when they knew they were going through something difficult as this?

"We'll pay them. How much was the car?" Beam declared firmly.

"14 Million. They said it was a Rolls R-royce Sweptail that your brother had crushed. I d-don't know what that is." His mother said, confused as to why a car would cost that much.

"14 Million Baht? We can pay them. You don't need to worry Ma." Beam's father had said.

"N-no. We can't. They said dollars. That it was 14 million dollars." She was beyond devastated.

Beam's mind had turned blank. For a moment he could've sworn he had died. If he isn't mistaken it would be roughly around 430 million baht.

His knees had buckled. Even with 7 derma clinic plus his father's business combined he knew they wouldn't be able to raise that amount even if they tried. 

Beam can feel being engulfed in a whirlwind of emotions.

All he can think of is Forth. He needs Forth right now. 

Kit and Pha had arrived and they immediately hugged Beam who was teary eyed and was about to give out any minute.

"C-can you c-call F-forth? I n-need to t-talk to him." Beam asked Kit, he nodded and dialed Forth's number on his phone. Kit handed it over to Beam when it started ringing. 

It ended unanswered and Beam dialed it again in the hopes that Forth would answer him this this time.

But all he can hear was ringing. 

Nothing but sound of the other line ringing. 

Tears started to run down his cheeks. Pha and Kit gently rubs his back to calm him down.

But nothing will and Beam knew only Forth can comfort him now.