17 - you're not sorry

Beam bursted through their bedroom door. He was worried that something might have happened to Forth.

He was welcomed by the scent of alcohol on the carpet and empty bottles on the floor. The bedside table was split into two and their framed wedding photo was broken.

Forth was sitting on the bed, clutching his head. His hair was a mess and he was murmuring something to himself.

"F-forth? What's going on?" Beam cautiously approached him.

"Beam?" Forth looked at him. Beam can tell that Forth has been crying before he got here.

He was smiling when he saw Beam's face and in a sudden turn, his eyes was filled with hatred and disgust.

"How was work?" Forth stood up.

Beam was confused at the sudden change of his expression.

"Are you working for Laem now?" Forth asked accusingly as he walks towards Beam.

"W-what? Forth it's not what you think." Beam took a step back.

Forth managed to grab the back of his head and leaned in to kiss him. It was rough and demanding. Beam could taste the alcohol in his mouth. He pushed Forth away and wiped his lips.

"Why Beam? You don't want me kissing you? Do you like Laem more?" Forth asked, seething in anger.

"Forth you're just drunk. Let's talk tomorrow." Beam jumped back when Forth puched the wall behind him, missing his face with only a few inches.

"F-forth.. Forth you're scaring me.." Beam told him, his breathing picking up its pace.

"You don't love me. You're just afraid of me. How long have you been seeing Laem behind my back?" Forth picked up a broken shard.

"I.. No.. I only saw Laem today by accident Forth." His eyes focused on the sharp piece of glass in Forth's hands.

"Fvcking liar! I saw the way you smiled at him. I saw it Beam. You never looked at me that way." Forth with teary eyes and a broken voice.

"No. That's not true. Forth put that down." Beam pleaded.

"I'll kill myself Beam. Maybe then you'll love me more."

"No please. Forth please. Put it down. Let's talk. We'll.. we'll talk right now. Okay?" Beam's heart had stopped beating.

This wasn't the usual Forth. Something about him was different.

"Beam.. I'm really angry right now. Leave the room. I might hurt you." For a split second Beam saw the Forth that he loves.

Beam did not move an inch. He touched Forth's face, his tears unintentionally escaping his eyes.

"No." Beam rests his forehead against Forth's.

"I'm not running away from you again."

"You don't understand Beam. I'm losing control. I'll hurt you. Please.. Leave.." Forth begged.

Beam shakes his head in refusal.

"I SAID LEAVE!" Forth screamed at him.

All the air has been ripped out from Beam. His sadness got mixed with the swirl of fear building up inside his chest. He can see Forth's angry expression had returned.

"F-forth?"

Beam immediately went towards the door. But Forth's hand gripped and pulled on his wrist slamming him against the wall.

Beam grunted in pain.

"F-forth stop. You are not yourself."

It was too late to stop him. He can no longer hear any reason or logic. All he wants to do now is inflict pain. Forth's mind has long been swallowed by his rage. He will stop at nothing until everything and everyone is broken.

Beam tried to crawl away from Forth until he felt a kick on his side that sent him rolling on the other side of the room. Beam coughed and winced. His body ached and his ribs were throbbing.

Forth towered against Beam and yanked him up at the neckline of his shirt.

He can see Forth balled his fist. In a swift move, Beam felt a punch in his gut, he fell to his knees, twisting from the pain.

With what little energy he had, Beam limped walk to the door. He can hear Forth running after him. He made it past the door but not before seeing a fist collide against his face. The punch landed on his cheeks that caused him to lose his balance and fall on his feet.

"F-forth please.."

There was a taste of rust in his mouth. He can barely breathe and he can no longer stand up. He was slowly losing conciousness. As everything turns dark, he felt a hand dragging him across the floor.

Beam opened his eyes. The basement was dark and the chains around his wrist was cold. No one was going to save him now.
Beam felt helpless. He was afraid, confused and sad all at the same time. He pulled his wrist but the chains only clanked against the pipe that he was tied on. He laid down on the cold basement floor and cry, all alone in the dark.

Forth stood up and looked around. The sun had already invaded the entire room. There were shards of broken bottle glass everywhere.

"Sh*t." He cursed with great frustration, realizing he must have gotten drunk again only after a few months of soberiety.

Along with his hangover, he started wallowing in guilt. He vowed never to drink again or smoke again. He made a promise that after marrying Beam he will straighten out his mess. This was far from it.

For the life of him, Forth couldn't remember why he even got drunk in the first place. His memory was hazy from yesterdays occurances.

He splashed his face with cold water. He wants to apologize to Beam. He must have scared him. Forth made his way to the guest room where he thinks Beam must have spent the night. And if he did he was glad he decided on that. Seeing him in full rage isn't something he would want Beam to witness.

The door opened at the twist of the knob. Forth entered and glanced at the bed, to double check he even lifted the blankets. He went to the bathroom to see if Beam was there. But he wasn't.

The whole house was silent.

"Beam? Beam? Love?" He called out.

The house remained quiet.

He went to the maid's quarters to ask if they know Beam's whereabouts but it was empty.

Forth headed to the kitchen. He gulped a glass of ice cold water. He noticed bruises in his knuckles. And in a flashflood of insurmountable migraine, Forth clutched his head from the sharp pain, along with it came crashing through was memories from last night.

When it was over, Forth was gasping for air, realizing what he had done.

He ran as fast as he could towards the basement. His heart ready to explode. He almost kicked down the door. He turned on a dim lightbulb.

In a corner, lying on the floor and chained to a pipe was his husband, his Beam with bruises all over his face. His brows and lips was busted, showing signs that he was punched with an immense force.

Forth felt his knees weakened. He ran to him and shakes him gently. His heart stopped beating at the sight of him.

"B-beam?" His voice was shaking.

Beam wasn't answering. Forth felt his tears running down his face. Panic, fear, anger and guilt dominated his mind.

"Beam p-please wake up."

Forth looked around frantically searching for the key to unchain Beam. When he finally did, his heart got broken even more, Beam's wrists were badly wounded and bruised, it was dark purple in color.

He bursted out in a cry while hugging his husband. He kissed his forehead while gently tapping his cheek. Beam laid in his arms unresponsive.

"No.. No.. Beam please wake up.."

END OF BOOK 2