7 - i have been thinking

Beam straightened out his long sleeved shirt. He was extremely uncomfortable sitting alone inside a conference room while waiting for the representative of the car delearship to enter.

He had scheduled a meeting with them this morning to negotiate the terms of paying the 430 million off.

The door opened and Beam immediately stood up. A middle aged man with a pair of glasses walked in carrying an envelope.

"Good morning Mr. Baramee."

Beam nodded in response. After what they had done during the accident, Beam had no time for pleasantries, not with them atleast.

The man sat across him and took out a four paged document from the envelope and slided it across the table.

"Here is the contract your brother had signed for the sponsorship along with the copy of deed and titles of your family's house and lot in the case of unpaid damages." He said in a monotone voice.

"H-house and lot? Our house?" Beam almost fell off his chair from what he just heard.

He flipped through the pages angrily. And there it was. His brother had signed off their family home as a collateral for the sponsorship. The deal that his brother took was too good to be true, any simple minded racer would jump in without giving it a second thought. The monetary allowance was generous but so was the penalties.

Beam closed his eyes shut. Not only that he needed to pay for the 430 million, he has to worry now that if he fails to do so they would take his family home. Learning all of this had put him in a state of shock, forgetting all about his negotiation plans.

"I would like to speak with the owner." Beam spoke, his throat dry and his mind blank.

"I'm afraid the president is quite busy these days. You'll have to call in and schedule an appointment which might not happen within a weeks time." Still on a montone, the man said.

He dropped by at the hospital on his way to the office. He told his father how the meeting went and how he will try to strike a deal with owner. Beam left out a few details such as their home being signed off as collateral. He wouldn't want him to worry even more.

Beam was welcomed with a boquet of yellow daffodils on his office table.

'I love you. - Future Husband' was written on the card.

He hasn't been able to talk to Forth after the phonecall a few nights ago. He sent a text message but never really got any response. Beam thought that Forth might be avoiding him for some reason. But the flowers that he receives on a daily basis reminds him that Forth still remembers him.

In it's odd way, Beam isn't restricting himself in the aspect of letting Forth back in his life.

What is it they say? May your heart be broken but never by the same hand twice.

Beam thought to himself.

Maybe third time's the charm.

As Beam works his way down on the pile of documents on his table he can't help but think that maybe it's time to start over. Life has a funny way of bringing two people back together. Maybe this is the chance that he was asking for.

It would be nice to have Forth again in his life. To be protected by him. Granted Forth had done him great injustice but ever since Beam witnessed Ming and Kit's beautiful wedding in London he longs for what they had, deniably of course.

His secretary had knocked and entered his office, telling him that she was able to secure a meeting with the president of the car dealership tonight.

"How come they said yes to the meeting that fast?" Beam asked remembering what the old man had told him about the president being busy.

"Maybe a his calendar got freed last minute tonight." She answered with a shrug.

Beam was thankful. He was also nervous as to what the outcome of tonight's talk would be. He can only imagine what a man of that prestige would be like. A man owning a car dealership that sells cars more expensive than all his businesses combined was hard to imagine. Still, Beam hopes for the best and for the other to be reasonable.

He left the office eagerly. Beam wouldn't want to be late on the agreed time. He was told by his secretary that he was to meet with the president at the main building of the dealership.

By 6pm, Beam stood at the entrance of the office building. Taking a deep breath before taking another step inside the reception.

"H-hi? I'm Beam. I have a 6:15 with.. uhh.."

Beam searched for the name in his memory but he can't seem to find any.

The receptionist who was wearing a pencil skirt that seemed too tight flashed him a smile of recognition.

"Of course. Follow me Mr. Baramee."

Beam was lead up in an elevator and the receptionist pressed the 18th floor button.

Beam watched the number of the floor go up and up on the floor indicator with dreadful anticipation. He took deep breaths to calm his nerves.

His heart jumped when the elevator had dinged signalling their arrival on the 18th floor.

There was a lobby and a wide door on the edge. He can tell that it belonged to a very important person.

"If you just wait here for a second sir." The lady had told him before she went in probably letting the president know of his presence.

He fidgeted, his hands turning cold.

Soon she opened the door with a smile and stepped aside for Beam to enter.

"Sir.. Mr. Forth Jaturapoom will see you now."