6 - i am so tired

His brother's condition was now stable. The doctors had told them that he is still under observation and the recovery will not be abrupt.

Atleast one thorn got plucked out of his throat. The only problem to deal with now was the 430 million.

Beam can't still wrap his head around the thought of owing that huge sum of money. He had thought of perhaps reaching out to their relatives to ask for help but he knew it wouldn't be enough. The bank will obviously deny any loan application with that amount.

He looked at his mother asleep on the couch. His heart aches at the thought of his parents suffering for what his brother had done.

Beam gritted his teeth. The moment his brother recovers he would make a slave out of him in their family business. No more racing or anything that would cause their family any form of distress.

His father had gone out to get some air. But Beam knew he was going to cry, he just doesn't want any of them to see.

The beeping sound from the heart monitor can be heard on its steady pace.

Pha and Kit went home. They didn't want to but Beam had asked for them to do so. Kit was hugging him endless and Pha kept asking if he's going to be okay.

In all honesty, Beam doesn't know if he's going to be okay. He has to. He needs to be strong for his family.

The door opened to reveal his father with fresh red eyes.

"Pa? How are you doing?" Beam asked.

He was only answered with a sigh.

"I'll talk to the dealership that sponsored nong. Maybe I can negotiate with them. I'm sure they'll agree on a payment plan." Beam suggested.

"How are we going to cover all of that? Our business is doing well but it won't be enough. I guess your mother and I will have to work until we die." Beam's father had said softly, his voice defeated.

"Don't say that Pa. I'll do everything to fix this." Beam grunted in frustration. He can feel his eyes get teary.

His dad stared at the bed where his younger brother is asleep.

"Where do you think we went wrong?" He asked sadly.

Beam couldn't answer. It's not because he didn't know the answer but rather he knows how it would hurt his dad from hearing it. And Beam knows this is not the time nor the place for it.

"Beam.. You should go home and rest. I know you'll have to work tomorrow. We'll take care of everything here."

He nodded and quietly exited the room.

Beam went home with a heavy heart. He took a cold shower and stood under it for almost an hour trying to process what had happened within this day. He didn't know what to feel.

The silence in his house was defeaning. He can only hear the clock making it's noise whenever it moves.

The phone on his bedside table had vibrated. His attention instantly stolen by it. Beam read the caller id and it was an unknown number.

With reluctance, he answered it.

"Beam.." The voice although soft was recognized by Beam.

His chest started quenching and he was having a hard time breathing like a pile of rocks is crushing his chest.

"F-forth.. Forth.." Tears run down one after the other. Beam was trying to stop but he couldn't. It flows on it's own accord.

Hearing his voice was enough for him to breakdown. He had badly wanting to hear it.

"Kit texted me that you needed me earlier." Forth said on the other line.

Beam nodded as he was wiping his tears with the back of his hand.

"Beam? Are you still there?" Forth asked.

"Y-yes.." Beam answered using what's left of his voice.

"Are you crying love?" Forth's voice had tensed up.

"I'm o-okay.." Beam said in between hiccups.

"You can cry. It's alright. I'll be right here."

And Beam had let it all out, his anger and resentment of what had happened. He cried like he never cried had before. Forth was listening, clutching his chest. He can feel the gut wrenching pain whenever he hears Beam crying.

"I'm sorry love. I hope you won't be mad at me."

"N-no.. I understand y-you were busy today." Beam was sniffling.

He felt lighter.

"You should lie down and get some sleep." Forth suggested.

Beam had suddenly felt the exhaustion taking over his body. He pulled the blanket over him. His hand holding the phone up to his ear.

"Do you want me to stay on the line until you fall asleep?" Forth's voice sounded like a lullaby rocking Beam to sleep.

"Yes.." Beam closed his eyes.

Forth started humming till he can hear Beam's shallow and steady breathing.

This day for Beam was a painful struggle little did he know it had only just began.