15 - i want the truth

Beam opened his eyes.

It was morning.

The first thing he sees is Forth's face, eyes closed and in a deep sleep.

He looks so gentle right now. He looks as if he can't hurt anything or anyone.

He found his hand reaching out to move a strand of Forth's hair from his face. Beam caresses his cheeks.

Why did it have to be this way?

Why do you have to hurt me like this all over again?

Why can't we be together without me being destroyed?

Beam got up and headed downstairs.

Forth's house was too big for one person. It felt hollow. Beam opened a door that he thinks might be the kitchen. He entered, startling an old lady chopping onion springs.

"Uhh.. Hi. Sorry."

"It's quite alright sir. I'm Boonsri, the cook. How can I help you?" She was charming and obviously kind, a little out of place in the house in Beam's opinion.

"Oh I was just wondering if I can cook breakfast here.. for.. uhhmm.. m-my husband." Beam answered a little too awkward.

He is not okay and at peace with his current situation but the right thing he could do right now was make the best of his circumstance. Beam knew avoiding Forth would cause a calamity, he thought that perhaps getting on his good side might simmer things down.

Beam may not like it but he was Forth's husband now and he is aware of the duties that comes with that, some more than others. He had no intention of getting closer or being sweet towards Forth, he just want some sense of serenity in the current status of their relationship. He doesn't want to make things worse than they already are.

"Not a problem sir. It's about time that hot headed young man let someone take care of him."

Beam smiled at Boonsri.

"How long have you been employed here?" Beam asked as he scans the contents of the fridge, getting the eggs and bacon.

"More than 2 years sir. Oh! You should have seen him back then. Drunk every night and wrecking everything he sees. My! It's a good thing he learned how to calm down lately."

"What?" Beam stopped. His curiousity peaked at what the old lady had just said.

"Oh I'm sorry sir. Forgive my old blabbering mouth. I shouldn't say things about your husband."

"No. It's okay. Tell me what you know. What happened to him years ago?"

"Sir I don't think I'm in the right place-"

"Please." Beam pleaded.

Boonsri looked at him and she knew that a little bit of truth might help her masters.

"I'll tell you what I saw over the years Sir. But I want you to know that aside from what I saw and heard, I know nothing." Boonsri warned Beam.

He sat and braced himself.

"Sir Jatu- Your husband, when I.. started working for him, he would come home drunk everynight." She told Beam, reluctantly.

"He was drunk more nights than he was sober. He only stopped drinking a few months ago."

Beam nodded, he was about to stood up thinking the story was over.

"He was calling your name sir. When your husband gets drunk.. he would.. he calls your name.. while crying." Boonsri was again saddened as she retells what happened.

"There were times that he would get so angry. He would break everything that he sees and touch. It didn't just happened once or twice, it was an on going situation since I got here."

"W-when was the last time he.." Beam trailed off, afraid to ask the question.

"Drink, Sir? Like I said earlier, he stopped drinking a few months ago. I'm thinking that's when he met you. Love really changes people."

Beam had remembered Forth on his knees on the rooftop. He recalls how he cried. They had begged each other to stay at one point or another and they both didn't.

As much as Beam despises Forth for what he did, he hates their situation even more.

He never knew Forth had suffered so much. While he was moving on, Forth was trying to drink himself to death for God knows how long.

A sense of sympathy had swept through Beam. Torn between guilt and resentment.

"Shall we cook that breakfast for your husband now? I'm sure he'll be surprised."

An hour passed by and when the meal was finally ready, Forth walked in the dining area. Beam couldn't help himself but to glance at his husband who was wearing a tank top, sporting his muscular body.

Forth went to Beam, who was pouring him a cup of coffee. Hekissed him. Beam was briefly taken aback.

"Good morning." Forth greeted with a smile.

Beam's tensed shoulders ease up as he saw Forth's smile. Forth hugged Beam from the back.

"Is this for me?"

Forth admired the table with the typical breakfast meals on it. It was just sunny side up, french toast and bacon but for Forth, it was the most special breakfast he had ever seen.

Beam nodded as a confirmation. Forth kissed his cheek and nuzzled on his neck that caused a slight tingle on Beam's skin.

"Thank you Beam."