Chapter 13

No one will come and save me.

It feels like hours until the thunderstorm slowly comes to an end. It's already dark. The sky is still cloudy and I can only feel a slight breeze.                                                                                                           Why does nobody care about me?  I felt myself loved once and so quickly I am alone again. I still tremble from top to bottom. I'm so cold. I even can't feel my legs anymore.

Suddenly I hear footsteps coming to my hiding place. I quickly push myself closer against the cold wall. I can hear the footsteps approaching me more and more.  My heart's beating faster and faster.

What am I going to do? I am

defenseless. All of a sudden the person stops running and stands in a squall, but turns in a circle. Probably, the evil wolf is only looking for the right track. It's it with me and my life. I have only a few minutes left to live.

The footsteps now approach again continuously my hiding place. With my remaining strength I try again to push myself further into my hiding place. I close my eyes tightly and think of the past days with my wonderful mate who loves me the way I am.

I try to imagine my memories so realistically to hide everything outside. If I die soon, then the last thing I think of is my beloved daddy.

My plan is working out, I'm forgetting everything. Even that I myself am just about to freeze to death. Suddenly I was thrown out of my memories when a big hand grabs me and roughly pulls me out of my hiding place.

I shrug in horror and don't dare open my eyes. My heartbeat is beating around the double and I tremble even more. As far as that even goes. the hand I'm held by is big and rough. It holds me so tightly that I will soon no longer feel the back of my body.

I hear a hideous laugh. The person holding me presses his hand more and more tightly together, so that from time to time the air is gradually blown off. Full of panic I try to gasp for air, tear open my eyes, but it is pointless. I can't see anything anymore, only darkness surrounds me. Without further ado I let the darkness absorb me.

ACE POV

In front of me is a battlefield. The once fresh and green grass is now soaked with blood. Fortunately I have lost no one from my pack, but many are injured. The rest will be removed from our territory by the dead wolves. How could something like this happen? I must immediately look after my angel. Hopefully she is doing well.

I'm gonna take a quick walk around the house and try to pick up her scent.  When I come into the front yard I can smell it strongly but it is very weak.

"Annabelle, where are you!", I scream

No answer. What happened? I run across the street and towards the forest. I move into my wolf and search the nearby bushes. My poor babygirl is probably frozen after the thunderstorm.

After a short time of searching in vain, I can finally perceive her smell clearly. I follow the trail to a large thicket. I don't hesitate for long and bulky into the bushes. But what I see there puts a stab in my heart. A small wet kitten, my small wet kitten lies motionless on the ground.

"Annabelle, thank God. I finally found it!"

No answer. Tears come to my eyes. How could I let that happen? This is all my fault. I approach her even more and bury my snort in her fur and take a deep breath. I can't take any sign of life. I put my head in my neck and let go of a heartbreaking howl. I slowly feel our matebund loosening more and more.

I lift her up by her neck and carry her back into the house. She can't be dead she just can't! She was my life, my everything! What am I supposed to do without her? Without her my life has no sense anymore.