Chapter 14

"beep...beep....beep....."

What is that sound....

Where am I?

Am I dead and why does my head hurt so much?

Everything is dark around me. I can't see a single thing and also I can't move any part of my body. What happened? I tryto move, but not a single part of my body moves. I'm trying to remember the last thing that happened.

I hid in a crack in the wall in front of the packhouse, but was found and choked by an evil man. Then I would have tobe dead, wouldn't I? Maybe it'd be better if who knows where I am right now. I will probably never see Daddy again.

With the thought of Daddy I have to start crying, butI can't feel tears running down my cheeks. But the beeping slowly gets faster and faster until it reaches a fast, yet steady pace. It'sreally getting on my nerves, considering I'm just trying to drown myself with self-pity.

Suddenly I hear a door swinging open and someone approach with a quick steps. Who could that be?

The person is probably standing in front of me. I tryto recognize the person by his or her smell but can't draw any clearconclusions yet because everything smells a bit strange in the room I am in. If I'm the main person in a room it could be a hallway or anattic. But I'm probably in the basement with my kidnapper who's probably thinking about several ways to kill me.

I also can't hear whether my opponent is moving ordoing something, because this constant beeping is drowning out a lot. The person doesn't seem to be moving either, or leaving the room. But it becomes more and more exhausting to try to take something was and so I let myself get back into a restless sleep.

"beep...beep....beep....."

Not again! It sucks.

I don't know how it is since the last time I wasawake but my head still hurts a bit. it's also not as dark as before.I try to open my eyes. They are very swaying but I can move themeasily. I try it again and move them with a tug.

I aim to turn my head from right to left. I findmyself in a bright room standing by a bed and a lot of machines.Everyone is kept white, even the sheets. The beeping comes from adevice above me. My hands are gnawed with small tubes through whichtransparent liquids run on the one hand and something dark red on theother.

Is it blood? I'm so irritable that I'm totallyoverwhelmed by your ability to draw conclusions about where I am. Itry to sit up, which I succeed with several attempts, yet my bodyexperiences a stabbing pain with every movement. The room I'm in hasno window, but a door in white. Probably I am in heaven and the moongoddesses makes me think I was found and rescued.

My senses are unfortunately still limited and I canneither smell persons who were in the room nor which persons. Isee the door handle being pushed down and the door slowly opening. Iwatch with excitement as a large figure enters the room. It is him,my daddy. He has found me. Immediately a smile adorns my face and mycheeks get hot. I am taken by surprise by so many feelings that Ijust start to cry. Daddy drops his cup which breaks into a hundredpieces on the floor and runs at me.

He sits down next to me from bed and embraces me. Ipress my head against his neck and sob loudly. I can't believe hethought of me. I can't stop crying any more, as I like it so muchthat he embraces me, but everything is painful. He slowly puts meback on my bed after I've stopped crying. He wipes away my last tearswith his hand and looks me lovingly in the eyes.

"I thought I had lost you!"

I open my mouth and want to answer it, but I don'tget any sound, except a whine. My hallway is so dry and sore, that mymiserable attempts to say something just make me hurt more.Knowingly, he grabs a water surface next to the bed, which stands ona small storage table. He opens it and lifts it to my lips. Igreedily open my mouth and drink almost half of the water. I give hima grateful look, which he returns with a smile.

"I am so glad to have you back! You are stillvery weak, so please do not overtax yourself,' he says in anexhilarating voice.

"I should not have left you alone in the firstplace......please don't be angry with me!""

I raise my hand and drive it lovingly over his cheek.Oh, how I missed him. He looks completely overtired and exhausted. Ismile lightly and form the words 'Daddy I love you' with my lips.

His eyes become big and radiate a gratitude and loveas I felt never before. He leans down to me, his eyes never leavemine. Daddy is about to put his lips on mine when suddenly the dooris ripped open and someone enters the room.

"I have bad news!"