CH 10//Alex's morning

It was six in the morning, and Alex's neighbor Kirara allready got herself into trouble. The neighbourhood boys were out playing in the woods and Kirara wanted to follow them. But being only 8, where as they were around the ages of 12 and 13, she couldn't keep up. She ended up falling off one of the big rocks and scraped her knees. Alex found her limping back to the trailor park with blood all over her knees and hand.

"Hold still Kirara, I gatta disenfect it"
"It won't hurt, will it Alex?"
Alex sighed a little and opened up the first aid-kit. "Only for a bit, but you're a big girl right? You can do it".
Kirara, wanting to prove she wasn't weak, nodded. But you could tell she was trying to hold back tears. "Here" Alex said holding out his hand. "You can hold my hand". Kirara grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight as he applied the disinfectant. Alex worked quickly, trying to make this as painless as possible. He then applied a bandaid and smiled. "There, all better".

"Thanks Alex" Kirara sniffled. She hugged him and he sent her on her way back to her trailor to get ready for school. He looked over to find the twin boys, Ricky and Riley aged six, fighting in the grass. "Boys!" Alex shouted for them. "Stop your fighting, your ganna wake your mom". He warned.

The boys didn't listen and continued to restle. Alex sighed and walked over to them. He lifted Riley off of Rick and threw him over his shoulder. "Settle down and come with me, I'll fix you some breakfast". The boys lit up, knowing they would be getting lucky charms. Alex chuckled and put Riley down and the boys ran down to Alex's trailor. They sat at the steps and bounced with excitement.

Alex went inside and got them each a bowl. He gave them each a generous amount of milk as their mother didn't keep much of it at their place. Alex always did his best to take care of the kids here.

7:30 came along and Alex rushed the Twins off so he could get dressed for school. He went to his room and got changed into a T-shirt, making sure the sleeves covered up his scars, and a pair of black skinny jeans. He grabbed his grey sweat-shirt and after struggling to get his sneakers on, he was ready. He walked into the living room to find his mother sleeping on the couch, still wearing her uniform. She worked long shifts as a waitress to keep a roof over their head. It was obvious she was working too much. It hurt to see her so exhausted all the time. That's why he decided to start looking for a job after school.

He covered her up with a blanket and kissed her on the forehead and made sure her alarm on her phone was set before leaving.