CH 47 // Some New Furry Friends

A/N: Just wanna give StephanieCruzado9 a shoutout for the camping idea for the last 2 chapters. That was an excellent idea! Thank you so much :) I get writers block too often but I'm glad I have you guys to help <3

******

The rest of the summer went on almost like a dream to Alex. One he never wanted to wake up from.
He spent his days riding his bike with Charlie all around town unil their legs were too heavy to carry them any further. If they ended up downtown, they would get ice-cream and sit on the benches and watch people pass by. Alex usually got vanilla while Charile wanted something different every time they visited. He would sit close to Alex and swing his legs. And he'd always get ice-cream on his nose. Alex would laugh and pull out the napkik he saved in his pocket for this very situation.
If they biked to the beach, they'd sit in the sand and build a sandcastle. Always making one bigger than the last. The biggest one they made reached Alex's chest when he stood. Then when they got too warm they would go for a swim. Alex did his backflips under water and Charlie would watch him, then the bubbles that floated up to the top when he would smile.
If they ended up by the old traintracks that stopped being used years ago, they would sit on the tracks and draw until Alex's hands were covered in coal dust and Charlie's crayons became a quarter inch shorter.
And if they biked to the flower field, They would lay down in the grass and watch the clouds pass by and talk until the stars came out. Afterwhich they would cuddle and talk even more about nothing.

On days they didn't bike, they would spend their time in the tree-house. They worked on covering every square inch of the walls with drawings they made in their sketchbooks and coloring books. Or they would spraypaint the walls with doodles until it was a mesh of rainbow scribbles. When they wanted to relax, they would cuddle in a beanbag chair and listen to lofi music or read a book together. Charlie loved being read to just as much as Alex loved reading to him.

Rainy days were Charlie's favorite. Alex could tell by the way he would jump in every puddle he saw. They would run through the rain and splash eachother until they were soaked from head to toe and their stomachs hurt from laughter. When they were closer to the woods, Charlie would find frogs hanging out in the deepest puddles and catch them. Alex would help by pointing them out. He had a good eye for green friends. He loved hearing Charlie's squeels of delight when he caught one. And he alwasys had the cutest voice when he would say "Bye bye" to them.

Eventually though, their summer came to an end. It was September now, and there was a few big changes.
For one, Alex was moving into his very own Apartment. And Charlie would be starting his new job in a few days. He never thought he would be able to handle a job so soon. But he was determined to make this work. He was certain he had found his calling, working with Animals.

It all started when He and Alex were out on one of their usual bike trips. They had taken a new route. This one lead to a rather pretty big bridge. They parked their bikes and stood at the ledge to take in the view of the lake that stretched out for miles on both sides.
That's when Charlie spotted something russtling in the tall grass just next to the water. His eyes squinted and he leaned over to get a closer look.
He gasped when he heard a puppy yelp.

"Alex!" He said tapping the blonde's shoulder. "Look!"
Alex looked to wear Charlie was pointing. Another yelp was heard.
"Come on" He said taking Charlie's hand. They ran to the edge of the bridge and down the slope to investigate.

As they got closer to the tall grass, Alex let out a "Uh-oh" when he came to a relization.
"What is it?" Charlie asked.
"This is bladed grass" He replied. "Not something you wanna mess around with". He let out a sigh and put up his hood as the grass was even taller than he was. "Stay here" He said before pulling his sleeves over his hands and heading into the sharp grass. He pushed the grass aside, following the sounds of the cries until he felt something soft sworming around his ankles. He looked down and saw not one, but two Border Collie puppies.