CH 33 Kiss

"So Charlie" Mia said while they all sat at the dinner table. "Now that you're 18, I think we should start thinking about your future".
Charlie looked up at her a bit nervous. Hundreds of thoughts rushed through his mind.
Was he not going to be allowed to live here anymore? Did he have to be all on his own now? Where would he go? Where would he work? Could he even get a job being a mute?

Mia was quick to reassure him though.
"Don't stress hun" She said placing a hand on his arm. "There is absolutely no rush. As your foster mom, I just want to make sure you're on the right path. You have plenty of time to figgure it out. Kids are allowed to stay with their foster parents up until they're 21 but you are welcome to stay longer if you need to, okay?" Charlie let out a sigh of releif and nodded. "Good" She said smiling. "Now, there is one more thing I need to talk to you about, but in private". She looked over to Alex who was munching a string of cheese melting off his pizza. "Alex dear, would you mind stepping in the living room for a few minutes?"

"Sure thing" He said with a mouth full. He took his plate with him, munching on the cheese as he walked.
"Thank you" Mia said chuckling. She then turned her attention over to Charlie and sighed a little. The mood becoming serious all the sudden. "Charlie.." She started. "Next week, we're going to have to go to trial". Charlie's heart started to pick up pace."You're Father won't be in the room. It will just be me, you, the judge, and a few other people working for CPS.  They're going to ask you a few questions. I understand that some of them may be difficult for you to answer but I'll be there to support you every step of the way, okay?"
Charlie let out a shaky sigh but nodded. He'd have to get this over some day. He may have ran away the first time, but now that he knew Mia and Alex always had his back, he had a little more confidence in himself.

************

Later that night, Charlie and Alex headed upstairs to hang out for a while.

"Oh" Alex said when he stepped inside the bedroom. He had noticed the new covers on the bed. "New blanket?"
Charlie shook his head and pointed over to the closet. "Oh, well it looks heckin soft". He went over to the bed and flopped down. "Oooooh, It IS heckin soft!" He said nuzzling the blanket. He rolled around while humming to himself as if he was in heaven.
Charlie bursted into a fit of giggles.

"He's such a goof" He though to himself. He walked over and had a seat at the edge of the bed. Alex continued to roll around until he felt something hard under his head. He sat up and peeked under. He smiled and picked up Charlie's paci. Charlie blushed and smiled softly.

"Have you used it yet?" Alex asked.
Charlie looked away blushing before nodding.
Alex smiled. "Did it help? With your Regression I mean".
Charlie nodded again. "Good" Alex said putting the paci back under the pillow.
Charlie looked at Alex feeling a little small. He felt as though Alex could take the role of...a caregiver.

He shook his head trying to brush away the thought. He wouldn't want to burden Alex with that. He couldn't help but feel like he would annoy Alex and maybe even push him away if that ever did happen. Alex may have accepted him as a little, but that didn't mean he should have to be responsible for him.

It would be nice to have a Caregiver though...

"Whacha thinking about?" Alex said pulling Charlie out of his thoughts.
Charlie blinked and looked around the room, looking for an excuse. His eyes landed on the Alice in wonder land book which sat on his night stand. Alex chuckled. "Yeah, that is a pretty good book...I liked reading it to you too". He said blushing a little.

Charlie giggled feeling a little small just hearing that. Maybe Alex could read him stories more often. He smiled to himself just thinking about it and swung his legs which hung over the bed. It would almost be like when his mom would read to him.

"Hey" Alex said brining Charlie's attention over to him. His leg was bouncing and he was looking down at his hands. He looked like he was hesitating to say something. He opened his mouth, only to close it after a few moments. He let out a sigh. "I should get going before it gets too late, I have work tommorow morning". He finaly said. Charlie could tell he had something else on his mind though. But before he could try an ask, Alex stood up and started heading towards the door. Charlie quickly followed after him a little worried.

Once they got to the door, Alex stopped in his tracks.
He stood there for few moments, as though he was contemplating something. Something heavy.
He suddenly turned around to face Charlie, their bodies being only half an inch apart.

Just then, Alex did something that would stop time, just for a moment.
He lifted Charlie's chin up, just enough so that their lips almost brushed together.
He glanced up, asking Charlie for permission with his eyes. Charlie managed to give a small nod. He couldn't believe this was happening.
Then, Alex kissed him. And then he really couldn't believe it was happening.
It only lasted half a second, and before Charlie could even process it, Alex fled downstairs and announced to Mia that he was ready to go home.